Pace Ondigital box

Old July 7th 03, 12:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Hill

Default Pace Ondigital box

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:12:48 +0100, Phil Brady wrote:

I'll add to that. The front panel buttons also seem to work if you
select subtitles. I'm afraid it's one of those unfathomable but
irritating bugs with the software like the intermittent volume up/down
and mute symbols on the screen, and the crashes when using the teletext
channel.

The mute and volume icons are not shown if there is an active MHEG layer
or you have subtitles on.

Enable subtitles on "the Hits", no red button, but no icons either.

The MHEG and subtitles are also disabled if you press "Info" to get the
N&N text. Try pressing MUTE and you'll see that the icon appears...

...on my Pace 735 anyway.

Dave Hill

--
Dave Hill, Kempston, Bedford UK

Old July 7th 03, 04:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phil Brady

Dave Hill wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:12:48 +0100, Phil Brady wrote:

I'll add to that. The front panel buttons also seem to work if you
select subtitles. I'm afraid it's one of those unfathomable but
irritating bugs with the software like the intermittent volume up/down
and mute symbols on the screen, and the crashes when using the teletext
channel.

The mute and volume icons are not shown if there is an active MHEG layer
or you have subtitles on.

Enable subtitles on "the Hits", no red button, but no icons either.

The MHEG and subtitles are also disabled if you press "Info" to get the
N&N text. Try pressing MUTE and you'll see that the icon appears...

..on my Pace 735 anyway.

Dave Hill

Dave,
what do you mean by an 'active MHEG layer'?
Phil

Old July 7th 03, 05:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Hill

On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:43:48 +0100, Phil Brady wrote:

Dave,
what do you mean by an 'active MHEG layer'?
Phil

Sorry, should just have written "MHEG layer". I meant "active as in
transmitted", not "active as opposed to passive"(!).

Dave

--
Dave Hill, Kempston, Bedford UK