'TMPGEnc DVD Author' Problems with 16:9 & 4:3 ratio

Old July 6th 03, 08:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Nick Mattocks

Default 'TMPGEnc DVD Author' Problems with 16:9 & 4:3 ratio

Try Sonic Foundry Vegas Video 4. I have successfully used this at work to
correct the problem you describe. VV4 has the ability to zoom and change
the aspect ratio unlike most other editors I've seen. I have found it's not
so good with audio:video sync though unless pre-corrected using another
application first (Pinnacle Studio seems to be able to correctly re-align
the audio with the video without it going off-beam after 15 minutes or so,
but this leaves a tall thin picture needing further correction with VV4 in a
scenario such as yours.)

Nick

"martin dibb" wrote in message
I have a video recorded with the Nebula-Electronics DigiTV card. The
portion I want to record to DVD has an aspect ratio (AR) of 4:3 but a

short
segment before is 16:9. There's the rub! The initial 16:9 portion is
setting the AR for the entire clip making the 4:3 section look vertically
squashed.

I am using TMPGEnc DVD Author and it doesn't recognise the AR change, any
help much appreciated.