DTT Mux info

Old July 4th 03, 08:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Watkinson

Default DTT Mux info

I know it has been done before but could someone 'refresh/ me with the
details of which services are on each of the 5 DTT MUXs and which are
64QAM - please.

Richard

Old July 5th 03, 02:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Some bloke

"Richard Watkinson" wrote
I know it has been done before but could someone 'refresh/ me with the
details of which services are on each of the 5 DTT MUXs and which are
64QAM - please.

See below :-

http://mediabullet.co.uk/bullet/dttn...page=multiplex

Old July 8th 03, 06:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Tony Stanley wrote:

QAM is the correct terminology for the DTT coding, Cofdm is another
level on top.

It just represents how many levels in the carrier amplitude are used
to carry data. The Cofdm bit is the x-thousand carriers with very
long bit periods, and a few other tricks.

As for which ones are 64QAM, I believe all are 16QAM except the ITV
Mux, but am not 100% sure.

ITV Mux (Mux 2) and SDN (Mux A). In other words, ITV-1,2, C4, C5
QVC, Bid-up Tv, and BBC Radios 1-4 are all at 64QAM, and therefore
more susceptible to interference