Freeview mp2 audio cd audio

Old July 5th 03, 07:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
martin dibb

Default Freeview mp2 audio cd audio

The MP2 samples are indeed non-standard, meaning a straight MP2 - MP3
conversion ends up with a 'choppy' sound.

For this reason I use TotalRecorder and record directly to MP3.

Mart
"wowfabgroovy" wrote in message
"Paul" went:

Also, I've heard the Nebula DigiTV isn't exactly brilliant at recording

mp2
can anyone confirm this?

there is something non-standard about the mp2 files created by digitv.
mannsmp3edit spits them out, and razorlame/lame frequently crashes
when converting them to mp3. i don't know what it is that makes them
non-standard, but files created by a nova-t don't have this problem.

--
warning -- bbc radio 4 is broadcast in mono most of the day
on dab digital radio and bbc7 is mono all day.

Old July 5th 03, 07:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jonathan Buzzard

In article ,
"martin dibb" writes:
The MP2 samples are indeed non-standard, meaning a straight MP2 - MP3
conversion ends up with a 'choppy' sound.

For this reason I use TotalRecorder and record directly to MP3.

I really should polish it off, but I have written some C code
that strips this extra crap out. Works a treat. The biggest
problem is that it needs to scan the first hundred or so frames
and calculate the correct frame parameters rather than have
those for BBC7 hardcoded into the program.

JAB.

Jonathan A. Buzzard Email: jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom. Tel: +44 1661-832195