'TMPGEnc DVD Author' Problems with 16:9 & 4:3 ratio

Old July 4th 03, 09:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Dundas

Default 'TMPGEnc DVD Author' Problems with 16:9 & 4:3 ratio

"martin dibb" wrote in message
I have a video recorded with the Nebula-Electronics DigiTV card. The
portion I want to record to DVD has an aspect ratio (AR) of 4:3 but a

short
segment before is 16:9. There's the rub! The initial 16:9 portion is
setting the AR for the entire clip making the 4:3 section look vertically
squashed.

Unfortunately TMPGEnc is only obeying the DVD spec which does not allow
aspect ratio changes mid-stream.

The only soloution I can see is to try splitting the file into the 4:3 &
16:9 sections, try running it through something like PVAstrumento to set the
headers right and author it into the DVD as two titles.

I am using TMPGEnc DVD Author and it doesn't recognise the AR change, any
help much appreciated.