Digital TV Banter

Digital TV Banter (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/forum.php)
-   uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   TV License Evasion (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5)

Terry Eden July 2nd 03 08:04 AM

TV License Evasion

Bill Bennett wrote:
So, a friend of mine is going to Uni this year, he wants to watch
telly in his dormroom.

Tell him that a term time licence is only ~80 and is a great way to meet
impresionable girls desperate for their Corrie fix.

Terry

Paul D.Smith July 2nd 03 08:31 AM

TV License Evasion

Probably wouldn't work since he's apparently so desperate for a TV that he
will be glued to Top Gear etc. himself. And if he's so busy watching TV,
how is he going to meet said young ladies?

Get a life mate. Most colleges or dorms. have a TV somewhere so that
students can watch the soaps or, heavens forbid, the news. They also have
clubs, sports teams, bars etc. etc. You don't need your own TV!

Paul DS.

KingStew July 2nd 03 10:26 AM

TV License Evasion

In my experience, get a tv licence per flat and that keeps them away. no
need to get one per room.

. net...

David Hearn July 2nd 03 10:37 AM

TV License Evasion

In my experience they write to each indiviual room that doesn't have a
licence.... they then visit the campus (whilst Security try to get rid of
them).

Alan Teague July 2nd 03 10:42 PM

TV License Evasion

"Ed Crowley" scribbled a message in
. This may or may not
have been its contents:

In my experience they send out threatening letters and nothing else.

Same here.

--
Alan | Please remove hat if replying by e-mail
Fancy a browse? http://www.chuffin.co.uk/