TV License Evasion

Old July 3rd 03, 08:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Porcella

Default TV License Evasion

"Bill Bennett" wrote in message
So, a friend of mine is going to Uni this year, he wants to watch telly in
his dormroom.

What are the chances TV-L will come and kick his ass if he doesnt pay?

It is one of the first places that they would check...however, the chances
are that the Hall of Residence has a licence.

--
MESSAGE ENDS.
John Porcella

Old July 4th 03, 07:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Terry Eden

DeeInLondon wrote:
What I never understood at Uni was why I needed to have a licence for
my little room at uni halls of residence when

You can get a reduced licence (or rather, a refund of your licence) if you
move or are away from home for a significant amount of time.

And what happens if I had a TV in my bedroom at Uni and we also had
one in the shared Kitchen doesn that mean I'd need to have 3
licences? One for home, my bedroom at uni and the kitchen?

If you are the sole owner of your home and uni licence, you should only need
one licence. The one in the TV is communal and should be paid as such
(unless you're feeling generous)

I'm sorry but the whole deal is a flipping joke!!

So? Give up TV an read a book.

Terry

Old July 6th 03, 12:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
DeeInLondon

"Terry Eden" wrote in message
DeeInLondon wrote:
What I never understood at Uni was why I needed to have a licence for
my little room at uni halls of residence when

You can get a reduced licence (or rather, a refund of your licence) if you
move or are away from home for a significant amount of time.

And what happens if I had a TV in my bedroom at Uni and we also had
one in the shared Kitchen doesn that mean I'd need to have 3
licences? One for home, my bedroom at uni and the kitchen?

If you are the sole owner of your home and uni licence, you should only

need
one licence. The one in the TV is communal and should be paid as such
(unless you're feeling generous)

I'm sorry but the whole deal is a flipping joke!!

So? Give up TV an read a book.

I meant the deal with multiple licenses for students - if you're living in
Halls for less then 6 months a year and your parents home where you normally
stay has a licence then I don't see why you should pay twice... Overall I
don't disagree with TV lience I quite like the BBC programming - I'd even
prefer to pay another 10 extra per year if they meant they stopped screwing
around with Freeview and did it properly and quickly!! And made all channels
24/7.