Poor BBC channels and ITV on sky box

Old July 3rd 03, 02:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kawps

Default Poor BBC channels and ITV on sky box

Hi,

I've got a sky box with no subscription but all this week BBC channels and
ITV have been really messed up with blocks, picture freezing and sound
popping. I called Sky and they said the BBC have switched
frequencies/transponder? And that the box is working fine because C5/C4 and
the Sky info channel is fine.

Anyone knows how to fix this problem.

Also C4 and C5 are only going to be available on Sky as a paid subscription
anytime soon (just got told this by Sky) so is Freeview worth getting, as
the current channels don't seem worth getting 150 worth of kit (box, ariel
and fitting). Anyone know any new channels that are going to be added to
Freeview as the list has not changed much since I looked a year ago.

Thanks

Old July 3rd 03, 05:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian McIlwrath

Kawps wrote:
: I've got a sky box with no subscription but all this week BBC channels and
: ITV have been really messed up with blocks, picture freezing and sound
: popping. I called Sky and they said the BBC have switched
: frequencies/transponder? And that the box is working fine because C5/C4 and
: the Sky info channel is fine.

The BBC and ITV transmit from a satellite (Astra 2D) which gives noticeably
weaker signals than on most Sky channels. Normally problems on just these
channels indicates a poorly aligned dish - you probably need to contact a
local satellite installer and get a professional re-align done.

Old July 4th 03, 12:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Porcella

"Kawps" wrote in message
Hi,

I've got a sky box with no subscription but all this week BBC channels and
ITV have been really messed up with blocks, picture freezing and sound
popping. I called Sky and they said the BBC have switched
frequencies/transponder? And that the box is working fine because C5/C4

and
the Sky info channel is fine.

Anyone knows how to fix this problem.

Also C4 and C5 are only going to be available on Sky as a paid

subscription
anytime soon (just got told this by Sky) so is Freeview worth getting, as
the current channels don't seem worth getting 150 worth of kit (box,

ariel

What is an "ariel"?

--
MESSAGE ENDS.