When is next Humax OTA update?

Old September 26th 04, 09:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Darren

Default When is next Humax OTA update?

Do Humax repeat updates OTA? A friend of mine bought his 8000T a few days
after the last OTA update, so he missed the lastest software.

Will it be repeated or would he need to get one of those cables Ive read
about and download the software from the Humax site (this online update I
cant actually find on the site)

Old September 27th 04, 08:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

Darren wrote:
Do Humax repeat updates OTA? A friend of mine bought his 8000T a few
days after the last OTA update, so he missed the lastest software.

Will it be repeated or would he need to get one of those cables Ive
read about and download the software from the Humax site (this online
update I cant actually find on the site)

The last one added a few handy features but also managed to mess up playback
of recordings so they come out in mono.
If he has got the version of software that supports the 7 day EPG then I'd
stikc with that for now
--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger"
"Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.upce.org.uk

Old September 27th 04, 08:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:34:41 +0100, "Dr Zoidberg"
wrote:

The last one added a few handy features but also managed to mess up playback
of recordings so they come out in mono.
If he has got the version of software that supports the 7 day EPG then I'd
stikc with that for now

The advantages of the latest update (like being able to record radio
and not having to press 15 buttons to delete a recording) far outweigh
any negative points IMO.
Old September 27th 04, 08:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

wrote:

The last one added a few handy features but also managed to mess up
playback of recordings so they come out in mono.
If he has got the version of software that supports the 7 day EPG
then I'd stikc with that for now

The advantages of the latest update (like being able to record radio
and not having to press 15 buttons to delete a recording) far outweigh
any negative points IMO.

Now you just have to press 15 buttons to get stereo sound :0)

Old September 27th 04, 09:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ed

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:27:42 +0100, "Darren"
wrote:

Do Humax repeat updates OTA? A friend of mine bought his 8000T a few days
after the last OTA update, so he missed the lastest software.

Will it be repeated or would he need to get one of those cables Ive read
about and download the software from the Humax site (this online update I
cant actually find on the site)

The update will be repeated, the list of what is being broadcast on
the engineering channel is listed here.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/download_schedule.pl

There are lots of different updates so I am not sure how often they
are repeated.

The software update is available from the customer services website

http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/

Old September 27th 04, 09:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
killjoy

Dr Zoidberg wrote:

/snip/

Now you just have to press 15 buttons to get stereo sound :0)

I keep forgetting to do that thing. I'll finish watching an hour-long
programme then suddenly realise I forgot to switch the sound to stereo.

--
Well, at least I have potential. It's a wonderful thing, potential,
because as long as I don't do anything I'll still have it.
Old September 27th 04, 09:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

killjoy wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

/snip/

Now you just have to press 15 buttons to get stereo sound :0)

I keep forgetting to do that thing. I'll finish watching an hour-long
programme then suddenly realise I forgot to switch the sound to stereo.

What is this stereo problem on the humax then?
I got a five point one surround system on my humax and when I put it
into stereo, it sounds ok, and I get stero out from the T.v as well.
I think, must take a closer listen.

Old September 27th 04, 09:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

Ad c wrote:
killjoy wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:

/snip/

Now you just have to press 15 buttons to get stereo sound :0)

I keep forgetting to do that thing. I'll finish watching an
hour-long programme then suddenly realise I forgot to switch the
sound to stereo.

What is this stereo problem on the humax then?
I got a five point one surround system on my humax and when I put it
into stereo, it sounds ok, and I get stero out from the T.v as well.
I think, must take a closer listen.

I've not got the latest software , but several people were reporting that it
switches to mono when you play back a recorded program.
You can get it to swap back into stereo by manually changing the sound mode
to mono then to stereo again but thats a major pain and a fault that they
should have spotted.

Old September 27th 04, 10:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Dr Zoidberg wrote:

I've not got the latest software , but several people were reporting that it
switches to mono when you play back a recorded program.
You can get it to swap back into stereo by manually changing the sound mode
to mono then to stereo again but thats a major pain and a fault that they
should have spotted.

Oh right, I did not notice that, I will have to have a look, I have got
the latest update.
But then again it must be ok, as I recorded the Cambridge folk festival
and then recorded it again to DVD, if it was in mono, I expect my mate
would have told me, since I recorded it for him.

Old September 27th 04, 12:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Darren

I have the latest software, as my box arrived a few days before his and was
able to catch the update, whereas he wasnt able to.

I dont find the mono to stereo thing a prob. You DONT need to select mono
and then stereo, all I do is press the speaker icon and then ok, works a
treat. 2 button presses, not 15 !!