Pace Ondigital box

Old July 3rd 03, 01:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JR

Default Pace Ondigital box

Works fine, but mostly only on the remote control.

The only button that works is ON/OFF, and that not all the time.

Is that usual, no way of getting the buttons to work!.
Old July 3rd 03, 04:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
G N

"JR" wrote in message
Works fine, but mostly only on the remote control.

The only button that works is ON/OFF, and that not all the time.

Is that usual, no way of getting the buttons to work!.

Sounds like a problem with the box or remote to me...........

Old July 3rd 03, 05:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
D Mumford

That narrowed it down!

Old July 3rd 03, 06:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive

Is this box similar at all to the Thomson freeview box, 'cos there's a
known similar problem with the remote for that ...
Remove the batteries
Press and hold Program + for 3 secs
Reinsert the batteries
Press STB Button

If it's the box rather than the remote, I presume you've tried
power-cycling it?

Old July 3rd 03, 11:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Evans

"JR" wrote in message
Works fine, but mostly only on the remote control.

The only button that works is ON/OFF, and that not all the time.

Is that usual, no way of getting the buttons to work!.

Unfortunately, that's normal. The MHEG-5 software often overrides these
controls, and it affected all On Digital boxes, not just the Pace ones. This is
what happens when manufacturers were forced to use a one-size-fits-all
proprietary software system.

Any channel with an MHEG layer will disable these controls (i.e. BBC, C4, C5?,
The Hits and any other channel that has a direct link to an interactive
service). I think only TMF, TVTS, QVC and UKHistory have little effect on the
box!

Paul.