Freesat EPG

Old April 9th 18, 05:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

Default Freesat EPG

Anybody else noticed that the EPG is only 4 - 5 days for all all of the 5
and all of the 4 channels?
Everything else is OK, but there are big gaps as I scroll down.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old April 10th 18, 09:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody else noticed that the EPG is only 4 - 5 days for all all of the 5
and all of the 4 channels?

yep

this happens frequently

they are ****e at it

tim

Old April 10th 18, 12:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
MikeS

On 09/04/2018 18:22, PeterC wrote:
Anybody else noticed that the EPG is only 4 - 5 days for all all of the 5
and all of the 4 channels?
Everything else is OK, but there are big gaps as I scroll down.

My Panasonic TV has this problem and there is a long thread on the
Digital Spy forums where everyone claims it is strictly an issue with
certain Panasonic sets. Is your TV a Panasonic?

Old April 10th 18, 08:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Monday, 9 April 2018 18:22:54 UTC+1, PeterC wrote:
Anybody else noticed that the EPG is only 4 - 5 days for all all of the 5
and all of the 4 channels?

Mine seems mostly complete but with some gaps on C4. I haven't checked all the channels/times.

I have noticed that some channels seem to transmit their EPG info less often than others - Talking Pictures takes a while to populate the EPG after switching on. It's a bit like the less popular pages on Teletext being transmitted less often in the carousel.

Owain

Old April 10th 18, 09:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 18:10:03 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

That is because they are still not quite sure when the end of the world will
come.
Brian

Or Brexit, whichever is the sooner.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old April 10th 18, 09:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 13:13:38 +0100, MikeS wrote:

On 09/04/2018 18:22, PeterC wrote:
Anybody else noticed that the EPG is only 4 - 5 days for all all of the 5
and all of the 4 channels?
Everything else is OK, but there are big gaps as I scroll down.

My Panasonic TV has this problem and there is a long thread on the
Digital Spy forums where everyone claims it is strictly an issue with
certain Panasonic sets. Is your TV a Panasonic?

Foxsat HDR.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old April 10th 18, 09:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 10:40:21 +0100, tim... wrote:

"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody else noticed that the EPG is only 4 - 5 days for all all of the 5
and all of the 4 channels?

yep

this happens frequently

they are ****e at it

tim

Next Tuesday is even weirder: Most of the EPG is in but a lot for Sat. and
Sun. aren't. Ch. 5 is there but some other 5s aren't - and so on.
The EPG doesn't get much chance to update as most of the time it's recording
- Games and the other, usual, things.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away