Has Com78 National (Ch56) from Rowridge changed?

Old April 8th 18, 08:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Has Com78 National (Ch56) from Rowridge changed?

On 08/04/18 07:22, Mark Carver wrote:
On 07/04/2018 22:39, Jeff Layman wrote:

ISTR that Rowridge uses both horizontal and vertical polarisation, with
vertical having a stronger signal. Which way up is your aerial?

Mine is horizontal. Both vertical and horizontal are the same regarding
transmitter power, although Com7 and 8 are only transmitted on
horizontal at much reduced power compared to the other muxes. See
https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Rowridge.

No No No !!

How many times do I have to say, UK Free is a pile of ****e

PSBs from Rowridge are 200kW H and V, COM 4/5/6 are 50kW H, and 200kW V

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/in...tter-frequency

COM 7 IS 24kW H only, COM 8 18kW H only

I was misinterpreting what UKFree was stating. To be fair, I think it
says what you have put.

Where is there a simple official table showing the info that UKFree has?
That ofcom page you linked to doesn't have - as far as I can see - a
list of frequencies/polarisation/power for Rowridge. I downloaded the
excel spreadsheet referred to on that page
(http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/broadcasting/Complete-DTT-frequency-plan.xls)
and searched for "Rowridge". There are only two rows - 18 and 50 - where
the name appears but there is no info for the main muxes. There is for
Com7 and 8. There is info at
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/excel_doc/0017/110186/700-plan-clearance.xlsx
but I thought hat might be for the near future rather than for the present.

--

Jeff
Old April 8th 18, 08:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 08/04/2018 09:01, Jeff Layman wrote:

Where is there a simple official table showing the info that UKFree has?
That ofcom page you linked to doesn't have - as far as I can see - a
list of frequencies/polarisation/power for Rowridge. I downloaded the
excel spreadsheet referred to on that page
(http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/broadcasting/Complete-DTT-frequency-plan.xls)

and searched for "Rowridge". There are only two rows - 18 and 50 - where
the name appears but there is no info for the main muxes.

You're almost there Jeff, go the bottom of the sheet, and click on the
'DSO Muxes' tab :-)

--
Mark
Old April 8th 18, 12:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

On 08/04/18 09:51, Mark Carver wrote:
On 08/04/2018 09:01, Jeff Layman wrote:

Where is there a simple official table showing the info that UKFree has?
That ofcom page you linked to doesn't have - as far as I can see - a
list of frequencies/polarisation/power for Rowridge. I downloaded the
excel spreadsheet referred to on that page
(http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/broadcasting/Complete-DTT-frequency-plan.xls)

and searched for "Rowridge". There are only two rows - 18 and 50 - where
the name appears but there is no info for the main muxes.

You're almost there Jeff, go the bottom of the sheet, and click on the
'DSO Muxes' tab :-)

Thanks.

I didn't even notice it was sheet 2 which opened as default! I'll
bookmark that ofcom page for future reference.

--

Jeff