A Sky, cable and digital tv forum. Digital TV Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Digital TV Banter forum » Digital TV Newsgroups » uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (uk.tech.digital-tv) Discussion of all matters technical in origin related to the reception of digital television transmissions, be they via satellite, terrestrial or cable. Advertising is forbidden, with no exceptions.

End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old April 10th 18, 11:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,448
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

On 10/04/2018 11:40, Ashley Booth wrote:

And here's me with a smaller version of that Marconi dish in Eastbourne


Where?

Bill
Ads
  #22  
Old April 10th 18, 12:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ashley Booth[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

Bill Wright wrote:

On 10/04/2018 11:40, Ashley Booth wrote:

And here's me with a smaller version of that Marconi dish in
Eastbourne


Where?

Bill


Sorry!

He https://flic.kr/p/24W62kC

The BBC dish in the first photo was registered at EutelSat as UKI-1.
The ITN dish was UKI-7.

--


---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

  #23  
Old April 10th 18, 12:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,419
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on April 17, 2018.

On 10 Apr 2018 10:40:50 GMT, "Ashley Booth" wrote:

Ashley Booth wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:

On 09/04/2018 14:03, Martin wrote:

On the same basis northern Iceland is also not far away, but only
the southern tip of Iceland is in the footprint.
https://ukfree.tv/extras/satellite_footprints


That isn't because of beam shaping by the satellite tx, it's because
the elevation angle at the rx drops to 0deg.

Thirty-two years ago there was a 'summit' conference in Reykjavik
and CNN (etc) wanted to get live pictures out. I don't know what
satellite location they used but I know the big dishes were
pretty-well looking at the horizon and atmospheric absorption was a
problem.

Bill


Here's a photo of that summit.
http://www.bmanor.co.uk/pics/Harwell...Iceland_day.jp
g


And here's me with a smaller version of that Marconi dish in Eastbourne


and here is me with a 60cm dish on the Dutch coast, when according to the
footprint a 45cm dish would have done, but better than a friend living near Nice
who has a 150cm dish that doesn't receive Freesat, because an expert told him it
would.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



  #24  
Old April 10th 18, 06:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,448
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

On 10/04/2018 13:10, Ashley Booth wrote:

He https://flic.kr/p/24W62kC


I looked through quite a few but didn't find the readers wives section.

Bill
  #25  
Old April 11th 18, 09:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 649
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 19:23:06 UTC+1, wrote:
On 10/04/2018 13:10, Ashley Booth wrote:

He https://flic.kr/p/24W62kC


I looked through quite a few but didn't find the readers wives section.

Bill


Is Hil's on there?
  #26  
Old April 11th 18, 01:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,448
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

On 11/04/2018 10:43, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 19:23:06 UTC+1, wrote:
On 10/04/2018 13:10, Ashley Booth wrote:

He https://flic.kr/p/24W62kC


I looked through quite a few but didn't find the readers wives section.

Bill


Is Hil's on there?

As a matter of fact she was a very good model when we were younger!

Bill
  #27  
Old April 12th 18, 09:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 649
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

On Wednesday, 11 April 2018 14:28:56 UTC+1, wrote:
On 11/04/2018 10:43, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 19:23:06 UTC+1, wrote:
On 10/04/2018 13:10, Ashley Booth wrote:

He https://flic.kr/p/24W62kC

I looked through quite a few but didn't find the readers wives section.

Bill


Is Hil's on there?

As a matter of fact she was a very good model when we were younger!

Bill


And matured like fine wine no doubt!
  #28  
Old April 12th 18, 09:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,419
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on April 19, 2018.

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 02:25:00 -0700 (PDT), "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

On Wednesday, 11 April 2018 14:28:56 UTC+1, wrote:
On 11/04/2018 10:43, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 19:23:06 UTC+1, wrote:
On 10/04/2018 13:10, Ashley Booth wrote:

He https://flic.kr/p/24W62kC

I looked through quite a few but didn't find the readers wives section.

Bill

Is Hil's on there?

As a matter of fact she was a very good model when we were younger!

Bill


And matured like fine wine no doubt!


So long as she isn't corked.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland



  #29  
Old April 12th 18, 08:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,448
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

On 12/04/2018 10:25, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Is Hil's on there?

As a matter of fact she was a very good model when we were younger!

Bill


And matured like fine wine no doubt!


Well she's pickled anyway

Bill
  #30  
Old April 13th 18, 06:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,486
Default End of unjustifed geoblocking within EU

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:28:54 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

As a matter of fact she was a very good model when we were younger!


With poor eyesight?
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2018 Digital TV Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.