Humax freeview to freesat

Old March 26th 18, 04:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
mike

Default Humax freeview to freesat

Hi all,
havin had a Humax freeview receiver for some years now (and being very
satisfied with it) I decided to get a Humax sat receiver (Foxsat
-HDR).
This new (to me) box seems really slow to respond when in Freesat mode
(just changing up and down channels and along the timeline). So slow,
in fact that I'm considering getting rid of it.
When in non freesat mode it is quicker but still a bit sluggish.
Anyone else had this problem?
- Mike
Old March 27th 18, 01:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 26/03/2018 17:02, Mike wrote:
Hi all,
havin had a Humax freeview receiver for some years now (and being very
satisfied with it) I decided to get a Humax sat receiver (Foxsat
-HDR).
This new (to me) box seems really slow to respond when in Freesat mode
(just changing up and down channels and along the timeline). So slow,
in fact that I'm considering getting rid of it.
When in non freesat mode it is quicker but still a bit sluggish.
Anyone else had this problem?
- Mike

I have three of these and I don't have that problem. However two of them
need a re-install quite often. It appears that if there have been
transmission changes since the last re-install they struggle to find
channels. I just do a re-install if they get noticeably slow.

Old March 27th 18, 02:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Geo[_3_]

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 17:02:08 +0100, Mike wrote:

Hi all,
havin had a Humax freeview receiver for some years now (and being very
satisfied with it) I decided to get a Humax sat receiver (Foxsat
-HDR).
This new (to me) box seems really slow to respond when in Freesat mode
(just changing up and down channels and along the timeline). So slow,
in fact that I'm considering getting rid of it.
When in non freesat mode it is quicker but still a bit sluggish.
Anyone else had this problem?

Are you talking about when looking at the EPG?
If so keep an eye on the text at the top right of the screen which
probably says something like "Receiving programme information".
You may also notice no sound or background picture until the updating
has finished - then the remote cursor action returns to normal speed.

Old March 28th 18, 11:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
mike

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:45:35 +0100, Geo
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 17:02:08 +0100, Mike wrote:

Hi all,
havin had a Humax freeview receiver for some years now (and being very
satisfied with it) I decided to get a Humax sat receiver (Foxsat
-HDR).
This new (to me) box seems really slow to respond when in Freesat mode
(just changing up and down channels and along the timeline). So slow,
in fact that I'm considering getting rid of it.
When in non freesat mode it is quicker but still a bit sluggish.
Anyone else had this problem?

Are you talking about when looking at the EPG?
If so keep an eye on the text at the top right of the screen which
probably says something like "Receiving programme information".
You may also notice no sound or background picture until the updating
has finished - then the remote cursor action returns to normal speed.

Yes, as you say, when looking at the EPG.

It displays "Receiving programme information" for ages, something like
two hours and then it does become a bit more responsive but it's still
really slow compared to my Humax freeview reciever, which is virtually
instant.

I think I might sell it and go back to my cheapy (intended for a
caravan) sat receiver.

The other dissapointment about it is that since I updated the firmware
to the latest version the video output via SCART has shifted the image
on the screen to the right about 20mm. which is rather annoying.

- Mike

Old March 28th 18, 01:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 28/03/2018 12:34, Mike wrote:

It displays "Receiving programme information" for ages, something like
two hours

Have you definitely done a 'new install'? I have the same problem but a
new install fixes it. (AKA 'factory reset', 'first time installation', etc)
Old March 29th 18, 12:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
mike

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 14:14:46 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 28/03/2018 12:34, Mike wrote:

It displays "Receiving programme information" for ages, something like
two hours

Have you definitely done a 'new install'? I have the same problem but a
new install fixes it. (AKA 'factory reset', 'first time installation', etc)

Yes Bill,
I've done a factory reset, then updated the firmware, then another
factory reset and since then, two new intallations, that is, from
where you enter or confirm the postcode and it then does a full search
for channels.

It's so slow, even when it has eventually finished gatethering
programme information, that it is really unusable for normal live
viewing as, by the time you've found the channel that you want to
change to, the programme has begun ages ago and one misses the
beginning of it.

- Mike

Old March 29th 18, 12:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
mike

wrote:

[...]

You would have done better buying a current model of a Humax Freesat PVR. I
don't have the problem you have with my Humax Freesat PVR.

What model do you have Martin?
- Mike
Old March 29th 18, 04:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

It is, as we say in the trade, ****ed. Ebay.