BBC News CHannel 107

Old March 26th 18, 11:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite

Default BBC News CHannel 107

This morning I tried to view HD channels 107 (BBC News) and 108 (Al Jazeera)
Both were breaking up. This is from Crystal Palace.

Lots of complaint messages from others but I couldn't find an explanation
anywhere.

Old March 26th 18, 11:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

news

--

Are you sure they were from CP and not somewhere else longer range?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old March 26th 18, 11:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 26/03/2018 12:05, Pinnerite wrote:
This morning I tried to view HD channels 107 (BBC News) and 108 (Al Jazeera)
Both were breaking up. This is from Crystal Palace.

Lots of complaint messages from others but I couldn't find an explanation
anywhere.

Last Wednesday morning (March 21st) COM 7 and 8 from Crystal Palace
moved from UHF Ch 33 and 35, to 55 and 56 as part of the three year long
700 MHz clearance scheme.

You most probably have a Group A UHF aerial, and if so both these muxes
will now be beyond the frequency range of it.

--
Mark
Old March 26th 18, 11:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 26/03/2018 12:40, Woody wrote:

Are you sure they were from CP and not somewhere else longer range?

Did you read the thread 'Crystal Palace retune confusion' ? I assume
so, because you posted in it !

--
Mark
Old March 26th 18, 02:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 26/03/2018 12:42, Mark Carver wrote:
On 26/03/2018 12:05, Pinnerite wrote:
This morning I tried to view HD channels 107 (BBC News) and 108 (Al
Jazeera)
Both were breaking up. This is from Crystal Palace.

Lots of complaint messages from others but I couldn't find an explanation
anywhere.

Last Wednesday morning (March 21st) COM 7 and 8 from Crystal Palace
moved from UHF Ch 33 and 35, to 55 and 56 as part of the three year long
700 MHz clearance scheme.

You most probably have a Group A UHF aerial, and if so both these muxes
will now be beyond the frequency range of it.

A few houses on the Northern fringes of the sussex village where
I live seem to have aerials pointing along the line of stane
street. This is the Roman road to Londinium, so presumably CP,
because I cannot think of any transmitters in the 37 miles
between me and CP.

One of them now has one of those Tri-boom wideband jobs on
a wavy, wibbly wobbly pole in the garden. It has white
coax so presumably a diy job.

I didn't think we could get CP down here, but they are on high
ground, while I only have line of sight to Midhurst. Grrr.
Old March 26th 18, 02:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 26/03/2018 15:22, Andrew wrote:

A few houses on the Northern fringes of the sussex village where
I live seem to have aerials pointing along the line of stane
street. This is the Roman road to Londinium, so presumably CP,
because I cannot think of any transmitters in the 37 miles
between me and CP.

One of them now has one of those Tri-boom wideband jobs on
a wavy, wibbly wobbly pole in the garden. It has white
coax so presumably a diy job.

I didn't think we could get CP down here, but they are on high
ground, while I only have line of sight to Midhurst. Grrr.

Oooh, I'm told back in the analogue days, CP was receivable in Selsey
and the Witterings ?

Charles will know perhaps ?

--
Mark
Old March 26th 18, 04:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:
On 26/03/2018 15:22, Andrew wrote:

A few houses on the Northern fringes of the sussex village where
I live seem to have aerials pointing along the line of stane
street. This is the Roman road to Londinium, so presumably CP,
because I cannot think of any transmitters in the 37 miles
between me and CP.

One of them now has one of those Tri-boom wideband jobs on
a wavy, wibbly wobbly pole in the garden. It has white
coax so presumably a diy job.

I didn't think we could get CP down here, but they are on high
ground, while I only have line of sight to Midhurst. Grrr.

Oooh, I'm told back in the analogue days, CP was receivable in Selsey
and the Witterings ?

Charles will know perhaps ?

Before my time - Once Rowridge came on, there would have been appaling
adjacent channel interference, but pre-Rowridge it might have been possible.
In the 405 days - who knows. I could get Rowridge here in a strong CP area.
I put the aerial up because Southern had better films than LOndon.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old March 26th 18, 04:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 26/03/2018 17:40, charles wrote:

Charles will know perhaps ?

Before my time - Once Rowridge came on, there would have been appaling
adjacent channel interference, but pre-Rowridge it might have been possible.
In the 405 days - who knows.

My grandfather in Chichester received BBC TV from Ally Pally early 50s,
before Rowridge came on stream. He had a monster 4 element Band I ch 1
yagi on the chimney, with guy ropes to the ground !

I could get Rowridge here in a strong CP area.

VHF or UHF ?

I put the aerial up because Southern had better films than LOndon.

Wasn't that using Hannington, or did you also get Southern ITV from
Chillerton Down Ch 11 pre UHF ?

--
Mark
Old March 26th 18, 05:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:
On 26/03/2018 17:40, charles wrote:

Charles will know perhaps ?

Before my time - Once Rowridge came on, there would have been appaling
adjacent channel interference, but pre-Rowridge it might have been
possible. In the 405 days - who knows.

My grandfather in Chichester received BBC TV from Ally Pally early 50s,
before Rowridge came on stream. He had a monster 4 element Band I ch 1
yagi on the chimney, with guy ropes to the ground !

I could get Rowridge here in a strong CP area.

VHF or UHF ?

I put the aerial up because Southern had better films than LOndon.

Wasn't that using Hannington, or did you also get Southern ITV from
Chillerton Down Ch 11 pre UHF ?

yep on 405 (Southern - not TVS). and yes to Hannington, too. the aerial is
still up, but disconnected. The whole lot may have to be replaced to cope
with the new CP channels

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England