Crystal Palace retune confusion

Old March 21st 18, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Default Crystal Palace retune confusion

See:
https://www.a516digital.com/2018/03/...1st-march.html

This morning, I couldn't receive COM7 or COM8 at all, so I retuned.

According to the web page, COM7 (e.g. Channel 4+1 HD) is changing from
UHF 33 to 55. Actually it's now 32.

Also, COM8 (e.g. CBeebies HD) is changing from UHF 35 to 56. Actually
it's now 34.

Both are strength 38%, quality 100% (on My Humax Fox) - the others are
75%/100%.

Have they changed their plans, or will I have to retune again later today?

--
Max Demian
Old March 21st 18, 09:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Who the heck knows. I assume if we do not have boxes that can handle hd,
then no retuning is needed. That is a heck of a move up in frequency for
anyone using less than broad band aerials. i can see tears in some peoples
future tonight.

o.uk...

Old March 21st 18, 09:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 21/03/2018 09:15, Max Demian wrote:
See:
https://www.a516digital.com/2018/03/...1st-march.html

This morning, I couldn't receive COM7 or COM8 at all, so I retuned.

According to the web page, COM7 (e.g. Channel 4+1 HD) is changing from
UHF 33 to 55. Actually it's now 32.

Hannington COM 7 is 32

Also, COM8 (e.g. CBeebies HD) is changing from UHF 35 to 56. Actually
it's now 34.

Hannington COM 8 is 34

Both are strength 38%, quality 100% (on My Humax Fox) - the others are
75%/100%.

Have they changed their plans, or will I have to retune again later today?

No, CP has moved COM 7 and 8 to 55/56 overnight, sounds as if your
aerial is a Group A, and it's picking up Hannington off the back ?

--
Mark
Old March 21st 18, 09:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 21/03/2018 09:44, Mark Carver wrote:

No, CP has moved COM 7 and 8 to 55/56 overnight, sounds as if your
aerial is a Group A, and it's picking up Hannington off the back ?

Check at 800+, it's possible your receiver has placed the COM 7 and 8
channels from Hannington at their primary EPG positions (because it
found them first) and the CP versions are at 800+ ?

--
Mark
Old March 21st 18, 12:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 21/03/2018 09:22, Brian Gaff wrote:
Who the heck knows. I assume if we do not have boxes that can handle hd,
then no retuning is needed. That is a heck of a move up in frequency for
anyone using less than broad band aerials. i can see tears in some peoples
future tonight.
Brian

Is this a first world problem ?.

Those of us stuck with Midhurst don't have a COM7 or 8
(if there is I can't find it), and Rowridge and
Hannington are over-the-hill and more than50 miles
away.

I retuned my HD FOX T2 and Samsumg smart tv and all
that has changed is, well nothing of note really. Still
no BBC4 HD.

The channels on C29 are struggling where I live, but
an external aerial will fix that, one day.
Old March 21st 18, 01:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 21/03/2018 09:53, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/03/2018 09:44, Mark Carver wrote:

No, CP has moved COM 7 and 8 to 55/56 overnight, sounds as if your
aerial is a Group A, and it's picking up Hannington off the back ?

Check at 800+, it's possible your receiver has placed the COM 7 and 8
channels from Hannington at their primary EPG positions (because it
found them first) and the CP versions are at 800+ ?

I selected London region after tuning for it to resort the channels.

There are three stations in the 800s, UHF 42 and 45, apparently from the
South. This is normal.

--
Max Demian
Old March 21st 18, 01:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 21/03/2018 13:16, Max Demian wrote:
On 21/03/2018 09:53, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/03/2018 09:44, Mark Carver wrote:

No, CP has moved COM 7 and 8 to 55/56 overnight, sounds as if your
aerial is a Group A, and it's picking up Hannington off the back ?

Check at 800+, it's possible your receiver has placed the COM 7 and 8
channels from Hannington at their primary EPG positions (because it
found them first) and the CP versions are at 800+ ?

I selected London region after tuning for it to resort the channels.

There are three stations in the 800s, UHF 42 and 45, apparently from the
South. This is normal.

OK then. Looks as if you are unable to receive COM 7 and 8 from CP

You have a month's worth of COM 7 and 8 on 32/34 from Hannington,
before they move to 55/56 on April 18th

42 and 45 are indeed PSB 2 and 1 from Hannington (they are staying put)

--
Mark
Old March 21st 18, 02:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 21/03/2018 13:31, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/03/2018 13:16, Max Demian wrote:
On 21/03/2018 09:53, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/03/2018 09:44, Mark Carver wrote:

No, CP has moved COM 7 and 8 to 55/56 overnight, sounds as if your
aerial is a Group A, and it's picking up Hannington off the back ?

Check at 800+, it's possible your receiver has placed the COM 7 and 8
channels from Hannington at their primary EPG positions (because it
found them first) and the CP versions are at 800+ ?

I selected London region after tuning for it to resort the channels.

There are three stations in the 800s, UHF 42 and 45, apparently from
the South. This is normal.

OK then. Looks as if you are unable to receive COM 7 and 8 from CP

You have a month's worth of COM 7 and 8 on 32/34 from Hannington,
before they move to 55/56 on April 18th

Interesting. I might try and get a signal from there then
with a manual tune, just for BBC4 HD.

Apparently Midhurst and Hannington are going to switch aerial
groups eventually. What is best for Midhurst now (from today)
will be best for Hannington (now group B, but will be ?E or K).

Old March 21st 18, 03:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 21/03/2018 14:37, Andrew wrote:

Apparently Midhurst and Hannington are going to switch aerial
groups eventually. What is best for Midhurst now (from today)
will be best for Hannington (now group B, but will be ?E or K).

Midhurst's final config (from Oct 2019) will be

29, 33, 34, 35, 36, 48. So group K

Hannington's final config from next month will be

32, 34, 39, 40, 42, 43, 45, 46, 55, 56

(32 will be the local Reading mux, 34 Basingstoke mux)

So, Group T, or if not in an area covered by the directional local mux
beams, Group E ?

--
Mark
Old March 21st 18, 03:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 21/03/2018 13:16, Max Demian wrote:
On 21/03/2018 09:53, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/03/2018 09:44, Mark Carver wrote:

No, CP has moved COM 7 and 8 to 55/56 overnight, sounds as if your
aerial is a Group A, and it's picking up Hannington off the back ?

Check at 800+, it's possible your receiver has placed the COM 7 and 8
channels from Hannington at their primary EPG positions (because it
found them first) and the CP versions are at 800+ ?

I selected London region after tuning for it to resort the channels.

This post from Digital Spy might be relevant ?

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/89628649#Comment_89628649

--
Mark