snowy picture

Old March 20th 18, 01:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

Default snowy picture

On 20/03/2018 14:44, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 10:15, Brian Gaff wrote:

There's a lot of it up there now. Half a million items according to this:

Half a million ? I've got about the same amount of items in my garage,
Mrs C wants me to have a proper clear out over Easter. (I think I can
safely chuck about 20 SCART leads away now ?)

--
Mark
Old March 20th 18, 02:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Youlden[_6_]

On 20/03/2018 14:57, Mark Carver wrote:
On 20/03/2018 14:44, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 10:15, Brian Gaff wrote:

There's a lot of it up there now. Half a million items according to this:

Half a million ?Â* I've got about the same amount of items in my garage,
Mrs C wants me to have a proper clear out over Easter. (I think I can
safely chuck about 20 SCART leads away now ?)

Chucking out SCART leads? Might they not come in useful for something
one day? ;-)

--

Chris
Old March 20th 18, 02:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 20/03/2018 15:04, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 14:57, Mark Carver wrote:
On 20/03/2018 14:44, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 10:15, Brian Gaff wrote:

There's a lot of it up there now. Half a million items according to
this:

Half a million ?Â* I've got about the same amount of items in my
garage, Mrs C wants me to have a proper clear out over Easter. (I
think I can safely chuck about 20 SCART leads away now ?)

Chucking out SCART leads? Might they not come in useful for something
one day?Â* ;-)

I think Mrs C has something in mind....

--
Mark
Old March 20th 18, 04:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On 20/03/2018 15:04, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 14:57, Mark Carver wrote:
On 20/03/2018 14:44, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 10:15, Brian Gaff wrote:

There's a lot of it up there now. Half a million items according to
this:

Half a million ?* I've got about the same amount of items in my
garage, Mrs C wants me to have a proper clear out over Easter. (I
think I can safely chuck about 20 SCART leads away now ?)

Chucking out SCART leads? Might they not come in useful for something
one day?* ;-)

I think Mrs C has something in mind....

....Hoisted by One's Own Péritel

Now come on, you all wish you'd thought of that.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old March 20th 18, 04:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Mar 2018 14:57:42 +0000, Mark Carver
wrote:

On 20/03/2018 14:44, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 10:15, Brian Gaff wrote:

There's a lot of it up there now. Half a million items according to
this:

Half a million ? I've got about the same amount of items in my garage,
Mrs C wants me to have a proper clear out over Easter. (I think I can
safely chuck about 20 SCART leads away now ?)

LOL I was about to post something very similar. Mine is mainly bits of
boats,
bikes and my wife's gardening crap. The door was left unlocked for three
months
and nothing was taken.

Are you sure that your neighbours didn't sneak round at the dead of night
and put their unwanted things *into* your garage :-)

Old March 20th 18, 04:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/03/2018 14:57, Mark Carver wrote:
On 20/03/2018 14:44, Chris Youlden wrote:
On 20/03/2018 10:15, Brian Gaff wrote:

There's a lot of it up there now. Half a million items according to this:

Half a million ?Â* I've got about the same amount of items in my garage,
Mrs C wants me to have a proper clear out over Easter. (I think I can
safely chuck about 20 SCART leads away now ?)

I've got hundreds of the damned things, still in their bags, brand new.

Old March 20th 18, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Car boot sale or one of those ham radio junk sales?
Incidentally, why is it that hdmi cables seem to self remove themselves over
time?
I am forever shoving them back in.
I think blu tak is the answer but it has to be a design flaw.
brian

news

Old March 22nd 18, 12:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 20/03/2018 20:20, Brian Gaff wrote:
Car boot sale or one of those ham radio junk sales?
Incidentally, why is it that hdmi cables seem to self remove themselves over
time?
I am forever shoving them back in.
I think blu tak is the answer but it has to be a design flaw.
brian

So it's not just me then ?. My sata cable also seems to
slowly unplug itself from the hard disk.

Western Digital has, apparently changed the shrouding around
the sata data connector to make the drives easier for use
in modern enclosures intended for hot-swapping.
Old March 22nd 18, 01:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:32:52 +0000, Andrew wrote:

On 20/03/2018 20:20, Brian Gaff wrote:
Car boot sale or one of those ham radio junk sales?
Incidentally, why is it that hdmi cables seem to self remove themselves
over time?
I am forever shoving them back in.
I think blu tak is the answer but it has to be a design flaw.
brian

So it's not just me then ?. My sata cable also seems to slowly unplug
itself from the hard disk.

Western Digital has, apparently changed the shrouding around the sata
data connector to make the drives easier for use in modern enclosures
intended for hot-swapping.

The SATA connections were primarily designed for such hot docking
connectors where the power and data connections were housed in a single
wide connector. This left the individual data connector with a serious
shortcoming (less so in the case of the power connector).

There are combined, all in one data/power connectors, typically intended
to use the older Molex 4 pin power connector to supply power with a
longer SATA cable to plug directly into the MoBo or adapter SATA data
headers. An alternative effective work around is to simply use a dab of
hot glue on the drive's data connection to more effectively anchor the
plug to the socket. Hot glue does at least have the charm of not being
too difficult to clean off the connectors when you come to swap out
cables or drives. :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Old March 23rd 18, 07:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 14:52:49 GMT, Johnny B Good
wrote:

[...]

All the drives in my next computer are going to be M.2 types. for
those to work loose they'll have to unscrew themselves first, and that
won't be easy.

And they'll be five or six times faster as well.