Weather warnings

Old March 20th 18, 10:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

Default Weather warnings

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 18:20:05 +0000, John Hall wrote:

Richard Of `York Gained Battles In Vain.

Gave Battle in the version I learnt at school

That was the version that we were told at school. As with most
mnemonics, I never bothered to learn it, as it seemed just as easy to
learn the colours of the rainbow without it.

If you never bothered to learn it, then how do you know that
was the version you were told?
You must've learnt it, even if you weren't trying to.
Old March 21st 18, 07:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

On 20/03/2018 23:54, Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 18:20:05 +0000, John Hall wrote:

Richard Of `York Gained Battles In Vain.

Gave Battle in the version I learnt at school

That was the version that we were told at school. As with most
mnemonics, I never bothered to learn it, as it seemed just as easy to
learn the colours of the rainbow without it.

If you never bothered to learn it, then how do you know that
was the version you were told?
You must've learnt it, even if you weren't trying to.

Actually, I learnt it from Cilla Black in 'Sing a Rainbow'.

So, definitively, it's:

"Red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue"

So much easier to learn when there's a tune attached.

Old March 21st 18, 08:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

wrote:

Richard Of `York Gained Battles In Vain.

Gave Battle in the version I learnt at school

That was the version that we were told at school. As with most
mnemonics, I never bothered to learn it, as it seemed just as easy to
learn the colours of the rainbow without it.

If you never bothered to learn it, then how do you know that
was the version you were told?
You must've learnt it, even if you weren't trying to.

Actually, I learnt it from Cilla Black in 'Sing a Rainbow'.

So, definitively, it's:

"Red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue"

Is Cilla colour blind?

--
Max Demian
Old March 21st 18, 10:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_6_]

wrote:

Richard Of `York Gained Battles In Vain.

Gave Battle in the version I learnt at school

That was the version that we were told at school. As with most
mnemonics, I never bothered to learn it, as it seemed just as easy to
learn the colours of the rainbow without it.

If you never bothered to learn it, then how do you know that
was the version you were told?
You must've learnt it, even if you weren't trying to.

Actually, I learnt it from Cilla Black in 'Sing a Rainbow'.

So, definitively, it's:

"Red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue"

Is Cilla colour blind?

She is now, certainly.
Old March 22nd 18, 07:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

pamela wrote:

I was in one of the worse areas for this bit of snow and it was gone in
48 hours.

It's still hanging around in the dykes and hedgerows here ...