Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions Again? This Device Allows You ToWatch Anything For Free!

Old March 16th 18, 04:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

Default Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions Again? This Device Allows You To Watch Anything For Free!

On 16/03/2018 07:42, Robin wrote:

It seems to me a US site, giving prices in dollars, with ads from US
vendors.

Yes, but it's coming up as a very prominent ad on some sites I use here
in the UK, and, as I've said already, it seems calculated to mislead.

So I am unclear what the ASA or TV licensing can do. I don't
think we have an internet firewall around the UK.* And I expect the
FCO's diplomats (and 00 operatives) are busy elsewhere.

Well yes, that's why I posted it here rather than reporting it myself!
Perhaps I should've included a smiley!

Perhaps you should have included some medieval Latin.
Magna Carta (Did she die in vain?)
Tempus Fugit,
Habius corpus,

or even Caveat emptor.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Old March 16th 18, 04:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 11:23:03 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

http://getyourfox.com/cut-the-cord-w... AEgJQzfD_BwE

Comments on a postcard, please, to the Advertising Standards
Authority and/or TV Licensing.

It's just advertising an indoor amplified aerial for terrestrial TV,
which may or may not work in your area. Nothing to be fussed about.

I don't think I can agree* -* "Never Pay For Cable Or Subscriptions
Again" gives the impression that it can replace cable or subscription
TV, but it can not because a terrestrial receiver won't receive that
same selection of channels (and anyway you'd still need to pay the TV
Licence to use it).* It seems clear to me that the catchphrase is
intended to convey a false impression, but we'll see what others think.

That's just the headline to attract attention. Actually reading the ad
makes clear what they are offering.

"But how can you watch for free? The secret to that is a law that no
cable company in the world wants you to know about. It states that
every cable company has to provide additionally to the normal signal a
over-the-air signal. So in order to not break the law the cable
companies distrubute this signal but in a low frequency- so almost no
antennas were able to pick it up reliably".

This doesn't make anything clear to me. What is this magical low
frequency that no other antenna can pick up? Why have I never heard of
it before? How can it carry the hundreds of channels that the cable
companies are apparently compelled by law to distribute on it? If it
really exists, why did we ever bother with VHF and UHF?

Old March 16th 18, 08:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 16/03/2018 17:55, Graham. wrote:
Perhaps you should have included some medieval Latin.
Magna Carta (Did she die in vain?)
Tempus Fugit,
Habius corpus,

or even Caveat emptor.

You habeus your corpus.

Vir Campestris.
--
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Old March 16th 18, 09:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

On 16/03/2018 21:48, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 16/03/2018 17:55, Graham. wrote:
Perhaps you should have included some medieval Latin.
Magna Carta (Did she die in vain?)
Tempus Fugit,
Habius corpus,

or even Caveat emptor.

You habeus your corpus.

And eat it? No, perhaps not ... at least I hope not!