The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

Old March 11th 18, 02:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Default The inteligence of pizza delivery drivers.

On 11/03/2018 11:01, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 10 March 2018 13:37:07 UTC, Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 10:56:17 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:
On 10/03/18 10:27, Roderick Stewart wrote:

I've never yet seen a documentary about what happens in the aftermath
of the police breaking the wrong door down. Funny, that. Maybe the
documentary makers don't think it would be as exciting as a bit of
good old destruction with shouting, or maybe the cops have been asked
but are reluctant to cooperate in such a thing. I wonder.

I've wondered about that too. Quite a lot of hits using "wrong"
"address" "police" "raid" in a Google search.

This one was interesting::
https://www.donoghue-solicitors.co.uk/actions-against-the-police/case-reports/police-raid-compensation-claim/

Everyone makes mistakes; why can't they just admit it, compensate
sensibly, and move on?

Because as a publicly funded public body the police have no power to
hand over money in compensation unless it is required or authorised by
law.

The background to this is the constitutional principle in the UK that a
citizen can do anything as long as it is not banned by law, whereas the
government and other public bodies can do only those things explicitly
permitted by law.

Not heard that one, and it appears to be a paraphrase of the saying: -

"In France everything is legal unless prohibited by law, whereas in Germany everything is illegal unless permitted by law."

I thought that prescriptive (as opposed to proscriptive) rules were more
of an Eastern European thing. When I went to Prague in 2001 there were
(symbolic) signs meaning "You may walk on the grass" and "You may use a
skateboard here."

--
Max Demian
Old March 11th 18, 02:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 11/03/2018 12:33, Andy Burns wrote:
Peter Duncanson wrote:

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional
Charges) Regulations 2013 which say you have a right to keep goods
delivered to you that you didn't request.

Does "goods delivered to you" include goods addressed to someone else
but mistakenly delivered to you, I wonder.

It comes under "inertia selling" and "unsolicited supply of goods"

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/39/made

probably depends whether it is a "supply"

I think it only applies if they mean to send them to you. Long ago,
someone signed me up to a record club who sent me three albums
unsolicited. I wrote offering to return them if they collected them but
they didn't bother so I kept them. Nowadays they would send the bailiffs
round to seize my property and mark my credit rating down.

--
Max Demian