Digital TV Banter

Digital TV Banter (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/forum.php)
-   uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8 (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36565)

[email protected] March 7th 18 10:51 AM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

Cannot get any signal on CH31 afterr todays "retune". Happens on two
TVs from two separate aeriels. One a wideband, t'other a C/D.

Befor retune CH 31 received OK, (e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1
HD).

Anyone get anything on CH 31 from Winter Hill. (Before retune CH 31
received OK, e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1 HD).

--
brightside S9

[email protected] March 7th 18 11:06 AM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

On Wed, 07 Mar 2018 10:51:12 +0000, lid
wrote:

Cannot get any signal on CH31 afterr todays "retune". Happens on two
TVs from two separate aeriels. One a wideband, t'other a C/D.

Befor retune CH 31 received OK, (e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1
HD).

Anyone get anything on CH 31 from Winter Hill. (Before retune CH 31
received OK, e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1 HD).

Forget it, the above is rubbish, (but what I was told). The two tvs
are SD only. Grrrr!

Brightside S9

Mark Carver[_2_] March 7th 18 11:37 AM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

On 07/03/2018 11:11, Bob Latham wrote:
Cannot get any signal on CH31 afterr todays "retune". Happens on two
TVs from two separate aeriels. One a wideband, t'other a C/D.

Befor retune CH 31 received OK, (e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1
HD).

Anyone get anything on CH 31 from Winter Hill. (Before retune CH 31
received OK, e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1 HD).

I may be wrong but I thought all transmitters that broadcast com7 and com8
now were using C56 and C56 as a national SFN. Certainly Sutton Coldfield
is.

The migration of all COM 7 and 8 transmissions to Ch 55/56 SFN is a
stepped process. It won't happen at some sites until 2020.

So far it's only Waltham, Oxford, Mendip, Sutton Coldfield and Winter
Hill (and not both muxes at some of those sites either)

Next up is Crystal Palace in a fortnight.

--
Mark

Andy Burns[_12_] March 7th 18 12:55 PM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

Bob Latham wrote:

I may be wrong but I thought all transmitters that broadcast com7 and com8
now were using C56 and C56 as a national SFN. Certainly Sutton Coldfield
is.

At Waltham, COM5 and COM8 swapped places last month, so that COM8 is on
ch56, but COM7 is still on ch31, presumably it will swap places with
COM6 to ch57 at some point, but I think there are no further changes at
Waltham until 2020?

Mark Carver[_2_] March 7th 18 01:33 PM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

On 07/03/2018 12:55, Andy Burns wrote:
Bob Latham wrote:

I may be wrong but I thought all transmitters that broadcast com7 and
com8
now were using C56 and C56 as a national SFN. Certainly Sutton Coldfield
is.

At Waltham, COM5 and COM8 swapped places last month, so that COM8 is on
ch56, but COM7 is still on ch31, presumably it will swap places with
COM6 to ch57 at some point, but I think there are no further changes at
Waltham until 2020?

That's right, March 2020 when the remaining muxes move down band (and
COM 7 moves up band !)

--
Mark

Brian Gaff March 7th 18 03:19 PM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

So is vintage tv hd then?

I have an sd only box. Are we eventually going to end up with door stops as
the scrag ends of sd are cobbled onto hd muxs?

"Bob Latham" wrote in message
Cannot get any signal on CH31 afterr todays "retune". Happens on two
TVs from two separate aeriels. One a wideband, t'other a C/D.

Befor retune CH 31 received OK, (e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1
HD).

Anyone get anything on CH 31 from Winter Hill. (Before retune CH 31
received OK, e.g 82 Vintage TV and 109 CH 4+1 HD).

I may be wrong but I thought all transmitters that broadcast com7 and com8
now were using C56 and C56 as a national SFN. Certainly Sutton Coldfield
is.

Bob.

Andy Burns[_12_] March 7th 18 04:12 PM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

Brian Gaff wrote:

So is vintage tv hd then?

No but it's on a "so called" HD mux, i.e. DVB-T2

Bill Wright[_3_] March 7th 18 06:53 PM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

On 07/03/2018 16:12, Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

So is vintage tv hd then?

No but it's on a "so called" HD mux, i.e. DVB-T2

It ought to be because the picture quality and lighting of some of the
1930s and 40s films was superb.

Bill

Woody[_5_] March 7th 18 09:17 PM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

Brian Gaff wrote:

So is vintage tv hd then?

No but it's on a "so called" HD mux, i.e. DVB-T2

It ought to be because the picture quality and lighting of some of
the 1930s and 40s films was superb.

Too much Sherlock Holmes eh?
--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Brian Gregory[_2_] March 21st 18 12:55 AM

Winter Hill CH 31 COM 8

On 07/03/2018 11:37, Mark Carver wrote:
The migration of all COM 7 and 8 transmissions to Ch 55/56 SFN is a
stepped process. It won't happen at some sites until 2020.

So far it's only Waltham, Oxford, Mendip, Sutton Coldfield and Winter
Hill (and not both muxes at some of those sites either)

Next up is Crystal Palace in a fortnight.

Oh ****. Unless they make them a lot stronger at the same time there's
no way I'll still be able to receive them.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).