C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

Old February 20th 18, 01:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

Default C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

.....it would seem from emails being received today by Freesat punters

Quote:-

"We’re sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

Channel 4 is still available in standard definition, but any recordings
you have scheduled for 4HD will need to be re-set in SD (via channel 104).

E4, More 4, 4seven and Film4 remain unaffected and can be accessed via
the TV guide as usual, but the rollback guide and catch-up TV for all of
the Channel 4 channels will no longer be available via your Freesat box.

If you have any questions about these changes please read our Q&A here,
and to find out where else you can watch All 4 please visit
all4.com/how-to-watch "

End Quote

--
Mark
Old February 20th 18, 03:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:50:42 +0000, Mark Carver wrote:

....it would seem from emails being received today by Freesat punters

Quote:-

"Were sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

Channel 4 is still available in standard definition, but any recordings
you have scheduled for 4HD will need to be re-set in SD (via channel 104).

E4, More 4, 4seven and Film4 remain unaffected and can be accessed via
the TV guide as usual, but the rollback guide and catch-up TV for all of
the Channel 4 channels will no longer be available via your Freesat box.

If you have any questions about these changes please read our Q&A here,
and to find out where else you can watch All 4 please visit
all4.com/how-to-watch "

End Quote

For 2 or 3 days now Ch 4 HD has had at most 5 days on Freesat EPG. This
might be coincidental, as it was like that a couple of weeks ago.
There isn't usually much on Ch 4 itself, but I'm glad that Film 4 is staying
as there are a few films that don't appear elsewhere.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 20th 18, 04:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Mark Carver quoted:

We’re sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

C4 spokesperson ...

"We’re disappointed Freesat is changing its charging structure, leading
to a very significant cost increase for Channel 4"
Old February 20th 18, 06:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:44:29 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Mark Carver quoted:

Were sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

C4 spokesperson ...

"Were disappointed Freesat is changing its charging structure, leading
to a very significant cost increase for Channel 4"

Can we take it this means there is no threat to Freeview HD?
Old February 20th 18, 08:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 13:50:41 UTC, Mark Carver wrote:
....it would seem from emails being received today by Freesat punters

Quote:-

"We’re sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

Channel 4 is still available in standard definition, but any recordings
you have scheduled for 4HD will need to be re-set in SD (via channel 104)..

E4, More 4, 4seven and Film4 remain unaffected and can be accessed via
the TV guide as usual, but the rollback guide and catch-up TV for all of
the Channel 4 channels will no longer be available via your Freesat box.

If you have any questions about these changes please read our Q&A here,
and to find out where else you can watch All 4 please visit
all4.com/how-to-watch "

End Quote

but will they still be transmitting it - like CNN and Al Jazeera HD?
Old February 20th 18, 08:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
[...]

manually tuning to a channel just to get the HD variant of an SD channel has
to be more effort than it's worth, surely?

tim

Old February 20th 18, 08:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/02/2018 20:10, tim... wrote:

manually tuning to a channel just to get the HD variant of an SD channel
has to be more effort than it's worth, surely?

Good grief no. SD is unwatchable.

Old February 20th 18, 08:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 20:31:06 UTC, wrote:
On 20/02/2018 20:10, tim... wrote:

manually tuning to a channel just to get the HD variant of an SD channel
has to be more effort than it's worth, surely?

Good grief no. SD is unwatchable.

Bill

SD is not that bad, but HD is much better.