Digital TV Banter

Digital TV Banter (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/forum.php)
-   uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36547)

Mark Carver[_2_] February 20th 18 01:50 PM

C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

.....it would seem from emails being received today by Freesat punters

Quote:-

"We’re sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

Channel 4 is still available in standard definition, but any recordings
you have scheduled for 4HD will need to be re-set in SD (via channel 104).

E4, More 4, 4seven and Film4 remain unaffected and can be accessed via
the TV guide as usual, but the rollback guide and catch-up TV for all of
the Channel 4 channels will no longer be available via your Freesat box.

If you have any questions about these changes please read our Q&A here,
and to find out where else you can watch All 4 please visit
all4.com/how-to-watch "

End Quote

--
Mark

PeterC February 20th 18 03:39 PM

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:50:42 +0000, Mark Carver wrote:

....it would seem from emails being received today by Freesat punters

Quote:-

"Were sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

Channel 4 is still available in standard definition, but any recordings
you have scheduled for 4HD will need to be re-set in SD (via channel 104).

E4, More 4, 4seven and Film4 remain unaffected and can be accessed via
the TV guide as usual, but the rollback guide and catch-up TV for all of
the Channel 4 channels will no longer be available via your Freesat box.

If you have any questions about these changes please read our Q&A here,
and to find out where else you can watch All 4 please visit
all4.com/how-to-watch "

End Quote

For 2 or 3 days now Ch 4 HD has had at most 5 days on Freesat EPG. This
might be coincidental, as it was like that a couple of weeks ago.
There isn't usually much on Ch 4 itself, but I'm glad that Film 4 is staying
as there are a few films that don't appear elsewhere.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Andy Burns[_12_] February 20th 18 04:44 PM

C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

Mark Carver quoted:

We’re sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

C4 spokesperson ...

"We’re disappointed Freesat is changing its charging structure, leading
to a very significant cost increase for Channel 4"

Scott[_2_] February 20th 18 06:07 PM

C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:44:29 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Mark Carver quoted:

Were sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

C4 spokesperson ...

"Were disappointed Freesat is changing its charging structure, leading
to a very significant cost increase for Channel 4"

Can we take it this means there is no threat to Freeview HD?

R. Mark Clayton[_2_] February 20th 18 08:06 PM

On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 13:50:41 UTC, Mark Carver wrote:
....it would seem from emails being received today by Freesat punters

Quote:-

"We’re sorry to announce that All 4 and 4HD will be leaving Freesat on
Thursday 22nd February, 2018.

Channel 4 is still available in standard definition, but any recordings
you have scheduled for 4HD will need to be re-set in SD (via channel 104)..

E4, More 4, 4seven and Film4 remain unaffected and can be accessed via
the TV guide as usual, but the rollback guide and catch-up TV for all of
the Channel 4 channels will no longer be available via your Freesat box.

If you have any questions about these changes please read our Q&A here,
and to find out where else you can watch All 4 please visit
all4.com/how-to-watch "

End Quote

but will they still be transmitting it - like CNN and Al Jazeera HD?

tim...[_2_] February 20th 18 08:10 PM

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
[...]

manually tuning to a channel just to get the HD variant of an SD channel has
to be more effort than it's worth, surely?

tim

Bill Wright[_3_] February 20th 18 08:31 PM

On 20/02/2018 20:10, tim... wrote:

manually tuning to a channel just to get the HD variant of an SD channel
has to be more effort than it's worth, surely?

Good grief no. SD is unwatchable.

Bill

R. Mark Clayton[_2_] February 20th 18 08:33 PM

On Tuesday, 20 February 2018 20:31:06 UTC, wrote:
On 20/02/2018 20:10, tim... wrote:

manually tuning to a channel just to get the HD variant of an SD channel
has to be more effort than it's worth, surely?

Good grief no. SD is unwatchable.

Bill

SD is not that bad, but HD is much better.

Brian Gaff February 20th 18 09:06 PM

C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

This seems like going backwards rather does it not? I thought the future was
hd. maybe since the programs are often so bad they hardly need hd!

Brian Gaff February 20th 18 09:09 PM

C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

Is this marketing speak for Not likely go and roast your brains if you think
we are paying you that much?

Mark Carver quoted: