C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

Old February 22nd 18, 03:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default C4 HD to leave Freesat on Thur 22nd Feb

On 22/02/2018 13:11, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/02/2018 19:33, Mark Carver wrote:

It's not over 'till the fat lady sings.

And she sung at 13:00hrs today, I'm told, it's gone from the EPG ?

It's still there on 126. The guide ends at 06.20 Saturday.

Old February 22nd 18, 03:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ChrisK

Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/02/2018 19:33, Mark Carver wrote:

It's not over 'till the fat lady sings.

And she sung at 13:00hrs today, I'm told, it's gone from the EPG ?

Still being transmitted (in clear) though, just not in the EPG.

ChrisK
Old February 22nd 18, 07:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 22/02/2018 13:11, Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/02/2018 19:33, Mark Carver wrote:

It's not over 'till the fat lady sings.

And she sung at 13:00hrs today, I'm told, it's gone from the EPG ?

It's still there on 126. The guide ends at 06.20 Saturday.

126 is missing on my epg

and if I try to enter it via the key pad it says "channel unavailable"

(I have no idea if I can manually tune to it - it's too much faff to do
this)

tim

Old February 23rd 18, 09:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Thursday, 22 February 2018 12:10:55 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Wideband LNBs are just a newer standard, nothing SKY proprietary about
them ...

They are just being different so you can't plug your $ky dish into a CI receiver or Freesat TV

I agree that's one reason they're using them, ease of multi-tuners is
another, but they will fit a combined wideband+quad LNB if asked.

With fibre one LNB can feed up to 32 receivers up to 10km away via passive splitters.
Old February 23rd 18, 10:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

ChrisK wrote:

Mark Carver wrote:

Mark Carver wrote:

It's not over 'till the fat lady sings.

And she sung at 13:00hrs today, I'm told, it's gone from the EPG ?

Still being transmitted (in clear) though, just not in the EPG.

My DVB-S2 linux box can still find it by name during a transponder scan.

Old February 23rd 18, 10:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Dave" wrote in message
On 22/02/18 20:29, tim... wrote:
126 is missing on my epg

and if I try to enter it via the key pad it says "channel unavailable"

(I have no idea if I can manually tune to it - it's too much faff to do
this)

Still on air.

well of course it is because it's still on Sky

but it could now be encrypted

tim

Old February 23rd 18, 01:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 23/02/2018 11:33, tim... wrote:

wrote in message
On 22/02/18 20:29, tim... wrote:
126 is missing on my epg

and if I try to enter it via the key pad it says "channel unavailable"

(I have no idea if I can manually tune to it - it's too much faff to do
this)

Still on air.

well of course it is because it's still on Sky

but it could now be encrypted

tim

I retuned my TV this morning and then sorted the Freesat channels so
that all the HDs were in the first set. C4 HD was there and broadcasting.

Old February 23rd 18, 02:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Indy Jess John" wrote in message
On 23/02/2018 11:33, tim... wrote:

wrote in message
On 22/02/18 20:29, tim... wrote:
126 is missing on my epg

and if I try to enter it via the key pad it says "channel unavailable"

(I have no idea if I can manually tune to it - it's too much faff to do
this)

Still on air.

well of course it is because it's still on Sky

but it could now be encrypted

tim

I retuned my TV this morning and then sorted the Freesat channels so that
all the HDs were in the first set. C4 HD was there and broadcasting.

you have a TV with a direct satellite input?

Your terminology is wrong C4HD is not a freesat channel (since yesterday)

The fact that you have said this suggest to me that you don't have a
"freesat" banded box

tim