Foxsat HDR not recording

Old February 11th 18, 06:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

Default Foxsat HDR not recording

The Humax Foxsat HDR has stopped recording anything unless started manually.
The info. on a programme is OK in the EPG and Media list but is haywire for
the 'live' programme, being several hours out and for the programme at that
time.
Ive tried a hard reboot but that's done nothing. Any ideas please?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 11th 18, 07:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 07:15:42 +0000, PeterC wrote:

The Humax Foxsat HDR has stopped recording anything unless started
manually.
The info. on a programme is OK in the EPG and Media list but is haywire
for the 'live' programme, being several hours out and for the programme
at that time.
Ive tried a hard reboot but that's done nothing. Any ideas please?

The EPG on our pair of Humax Freesat boxes is all over the place at the
moment.

All the channels play, but for most channels the EPG says "program
scrambled or not present" or near offer.

I've hard powered one down and up and that now seems to have slowly
acquired the EPG. The other one is currently showing a blank EPG for the
lower numbers (101 upwards).

Came here to ask what the hell was going on.

I assume that there was some kind of platform problem overnight as herself
reposts it was starting to get a bit iffy last night.

A quick search online shows some Freeview problems but no obvious Freesat
ones.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old February 11th 18, 08:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On 11 Feb 2018 08:43:27 GMT, David wrote:

[...]

Try these (I looked at them only because I have the Custom firmware):
https://myhumax.org/forum/
https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/foxsat...t-recorder.14/

Rather similar postings.

I hope that it's sorted soon as I've been waiting for a prog. to start and
then starting the recording manually; tonight there's one for about midnight
- sod that!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 11th 18, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:37:12 +0000, PeterC wrote:

[...]

It seems to have come back now on the one that wasn't power cycled.

Very strange. EPG is usually there from the moment it comes out of standby.

I am tentatively assuming that something completely cleared the EPG and it
has taken a while for it all to come back together again.

Just checked on the Panasonic TV (forgot to do that earlier) and that
seems fine as well.

Perhaps someone from Freesat will report what went wrong. Eventually.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old February 11th 18, 10:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 11/02/2018 08:43, David wrote:
[...]

The Freesat EPG was odd last night. I used the "Info" button on the
remote last night to see what the programme was that appeared on my
screen when I took by Freesat PVR out of standby, and it showed me
details of a programme that had been broadcast two hours earlier.

It seemed to be OK this morning,about half an hour ago.

Old February 11th 18, 11:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On 11 Feb 2018 10:15:35 GMT, David wrote:

Try these (I looked at them only because I have the Custom firmware):
https://myhumax.org/forum/
https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/foxsat...t-recorder.14/

Rather similar postings.

I hope that it's sorted soon as I've been waiting for a prog. to start
and then starting the recording manually; tonight there's one for about
midnight - sod that!

It seems to have come back now on the one that wasn't power cycled.

Very strange. EPG is usually there from the moment it comes out of standby.

I am tentatively assuming that something completely cleared the EPG and it
has taken a while for it all to come back together again.

snip

Quite early this morning the EPG was empty. I let it 'do its thing' but the
fault was still there.
About 10-ish I had another look and the EPG was populated; I updated it and
found that the info. panel was correct.
More encouragingly, a series that had got 'stuck' at the top (this was
happening to all series) had moved to its proper place, so I'm keeping
things crossed.

I'd backed up the schedule, just in case it was new box time (I rather fancy
a Mutant or similar, in spite of the crappy controller).
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 11th 18, 02:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

My Humax Freesat boxes seem to be OK this morning. They were acting
mighty perkulier last night though.

Old February 11th 18, 07:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint[_2_]

On 11/02/2018 07:15, PeterC wrote:
The Humax Foxsat HDR has stopped recording anything unless started manually.
The info. on a programme is OK in the EPG and Media list but is haywire for
the 'live' programme, being several hours out and for the programme at that
time.
Ive tried a hard reboot but that's done nothing. Any ideas please?

BBC SI fault? My Foxsat HDR didn't record last night and hasn't started
up for Call The Midwife tonight. itv Endeavour did!
Old February 12th 18, 07:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2018 20:08:53 +0000, Dickie mint wrote:

On 11/02/2018 07:15, PeterC wrote:
The Humax Foxsat HDR has stopped recording anything unless started manually.
The info. on a programme is OK in the EPG and Media list but is haywire for
the 'live' programme, being several hours out and for the programme at that
time.
Ive tried a hard reboot but that's done nothing. Any ideas please?

BBC SI fault? My Foxsat HDR didn't record last night and hasn't started
up for Call The Midwife tonight. itv Endeavour did!

Mine recorded 6 programmes perfectly last night; there are 2 that were 2:15h
onwards but I was in bed by then.
Just checked - OK!

Might be worth doing a hard reboot: off at mains, wait at least 30s, switch
on.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 12th 18, 08:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
My Humax Freesat boxes seem to be OK this morning. They were acting mighty
perkulier last night though.

Mine had a blank EPG for several minutes

I am also suffering from series linking recording the same program twice.
Once on Channel 101 (102 whatever) and then again, an hour later, on channel
901 (902 whatever). But the second recording is NOT a broadcast of the
named program.

tim