Foxsat HDR not recording

Old February 12th 18, 09:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeeGee

Default Foxsat HDR not recording

On 12/02/18 09:24, tim... wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
My Humax Freesat boxes seem to be OK this morning. They were acting
mighty perkulier last night though.

Mine had a blank EPG for several minutes

I am also suffering from series linking recording the same program
twice. Once on Channel 101 (102 whatever) and then again, an hour later,
on channel 901 (902 whatever). But the second recording is NOT a
broadcast of the named program.

tim

What was strange with my Humax1100S: "Now and next" was blank for some
channels, but the "full" display was fine and returning to "Now and
next" the list was populated. Close and re-open the guide lost the "Now
and next" entries.

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."
Old February 12th 18, 01:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Piers Carter

On Sunday, 11 February 2018 07:15:43 UTC, PeterC wrote:
The Humax Foxsat HDR has stopped recording anything unless started manually.
The info. on a programme is OK in the EPG and Media list but is haywire for
the 'live' programme, being several hours out and for the programme at that
time.
Ive tried a hard reboot but that's done nothing. Any ideas please?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Hi There were issues with Freesat EPG stream nothing to do with our kit, apparently it's all sorted now. I would know because like the idiot I am I took mine apart to check out the hard drive and when I put it back together it blew the internal fuse DoH!
Old February 12th 18, 04:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 06:36:55 -0800 (PST), Piers Carter wrote:

On Sunday, 11 February 2018 07:15:43 UTC, PeterC wrote:
The Humax Foxsat HDR has stopped recording anything unless started manually.
The info. on a programme is OK in the EPG and Media list but is haywire for
the 'live' programme, being several hours out and for the programme at that
time.
Ive tried a hard reboot but that's done nothing. Any ideas please?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
whilst religions hold sway

Hi There were issues with Freesat EPG stream nothing to do with our kit, apparently it's all sorted now. I would know because like the idiot I am I took mine apart to check out the hard drive and when I put it back together it blew the internal fuse DoH!

Something that I learnt when I was 16 yo: always check the petrol (mains,
feed, whatever) before you strip the engine.
Tried to bump-start a small motorbike that had done about 200 yds. then cut
out. Took out the spark plug then, putting it back, noticed that the tap was
off!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 13th 18, 07:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 23:55:57 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 10:08:27 +0000, PeeGee wrote:

On 12/02/18 09:24, tim... wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news My Humax Freesat boxes seem to be OK this morning. They were acting
mighty perkulier last night though.

Mine had a blank EPG for several minutes

I am also suffering from series linking recording the same program
twice. Once on Channel 101 (102 whatever) and then again, an hour later,
on channel 901 (902 whatever). But the second recording is NOT a
broadcast of the named program.

tim

What was strange with my Humax1100S: "Now and next" was blank for some
channels, but the "full" display was fine and returning to "Now and
next" the list was populated. Close and re-open the guide lost the "Now
and next" entries.

I lost the last episode of McMafia. After that everything has recorded OK.

I had to start it manually.

It's odd that the only place I have seen the problem mentioned is here. Are so
few people using Freesat? Maybe a test to see how many will complain if Sky
turns off the satellites? :-)

And those 2 links that I posted a couple of days ago. Otherwise, I couldn't
find anything - Freesat seems rather 'ineffective' with information.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 13th 18, 08:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

On 12/02/18 09:24, tim... wrote:

[...]

The satellite does not belong to Sky

Old February 13th 18, 12:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:24:11 +0100, Martin wrote:

I lost the last episode of McMafia. After that everything has recorded OK.

I had to start it manually.

I should have done the same. I'll wait until it is repeated in a few months
time. With so many other things being repeated one or more times in the week
when they were first shown why don't ITV and the BBC repeat their drama series
in the week when they are first shown?

I missed one of the early episodes so I used I-player.
These should be repeated at a sensible time - I was pleased when BBC+1 was
quashed as it would just clash with the other +1s. Be far better early
morning on when there's nothing else on.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old February 13th 18, 01:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 08:07:47 +0000, PeterC
wrote:

I lost the last episode of McMafia. After that everything has recorded OK.

I had to start it manually.

Same here, with a Panasonic Freeview recorder. Wasn't there a gap of
as extra week between the 5th episode and the last one, the
interruption being some sporting event (as usual)? Normally, my
recorder keeps the title of a series recording in its list without any
time details until the details of the next available episode appear in
the guide, so a gap of several weeks is not a problem, but maybe the
broadcasters forgot to update it properly this time.

Old February 13th 18, 02:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

wrote:

I lost the last episode of McMafia. After that everything has recorded
OK.

I had to start it manually.

Same here, with a Panasonic Freeview recorder. Wasn't there a gap of
as extra week between the 5th episode and the last one,

nope

apart from the first 2 eps (consecutive days across a bank holiday) they
were all 1 week apart

And there's 8 of them :-)

tim

Old February 13th 18, 03:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
johnt

On 12/02/18 09:24, tim... wrote:

[...]

Sky does not have any satellites.

--
JohnT

Old February 13th 18, 04:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint[_2_]

On 11/02/2018 07:15, PeterC wrote:
The Humax Foxsat HDR has stopped recording anything unless started manually.
The info. on a programme is OK in the EPG and Media list but is haywire for
the 'live' programme, being several hours out and for the programme at that
time.
Ive tried a hard reboot but that's done nothing. Any ideas please?

Bit late interrogating facebook today! Discovered Humax published this
8 hours ago:
"Hi Everyone,

We're aware of a problem over the weekend that resulted in some Freesat
models experiencing problems with the EPG. This issue appears to of been
resolved but if you're still experiencing the problems please get in
touch with our support team:

Tel: 0344 318 8800

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

So, was it a SI/EPG update by the broadcasters on Satellite that Humax
boxes didn't respond properly to or just a fluffed SI/EPG update?