News11?

Old February 8th 18, 06:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Default News11?

OK, so it's a long time since the BBC news channel was called News24,
but there are now less than 11 hours of programmes per day on BBC News
that aren't shared with other BBC channels

06:00 - 09:00 Breakfast
09:00 - 11:00 Victoria Derbyshire
11:00 - 12:00 Newsroom Live
13:00 - 13:30 News at One
18:00 - 18:30 News at Six
19:00 - 19:30 Beyond 100 Days
22:00 - 22:30 News at Ten
22:30 - 23:15 Newsnight (delayed 45 minutes)
00:40 - 06:00 Joins BBC News

There are several hours of dead airtime on Two, Four, CBBC and CBeebies,
surely there's scope for more news simulcasts or repeats there too, it
should stress the stat-muxing if nothing else ...

Old February 8th 18, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
OK, so it's a long time since the BBC news channel was called News24, but
there are now less than 11 hours of programmes per day on BBC News that
aren't shared with other BBC channels

06:00 - 09:00 Breakfast
09:00 - 11:00 Victoria Derbyshire
11:00 - 12:00 Newsroom Live
13:00 - 13:30 News at One
18:00 - 18:30 News at Six
19:00 - 19:30 Beyond 100 Days
22:00 - 22:30 News at Ten
22:30 - 23:15 Newsnight (delayed 45 minutes)
00:40 - 06:00 Joins BBC News

presume you mean BBC World

This was the inevitable consequence of the Beeb cost cutting

A unique 24 hour channel is just not affordable (though why they have to
show the Derbyshire nonsense I don't understand)

Old February 8th 18, 06:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

tim... wrote:

presume you mean BBC World

Not really, I was talking about the BBC's UK channels, not the
international news variant ...

Old February 8th 18, 08:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

presume you mean BBC World

Not really, I was talking about the BBC's UK channels, not the
international news variant ...

yes but the midnight slot is shared with BBC World, surely

tim

Old February 9th 18, 01:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Because its there I suspect.
lets have the test card back with background music then and the tone, need
that too.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)