Always check the cables.....

Old February 2nd 18, 04:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

Default Always check the cables.....

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 20:23:51 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

I'm waiting for a spate of fried smart phones with the sudden popularity
of
mains outlets with built in USB connections any day now.

Hardly worth the bother anyway if your phone can do quick charging, as
these wall sockets will almost certainly just be bog standard 5V
outlets with a current capability of 0.5A, or maybe 1A at the most, so
no advantage over using a proper charger, and probably worse.

2.1A USB wall warts are fairly common.

Are there any Quickcharge 3 built in wall sockets that can raise the
output voltage?

Old February 2nd 18, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Field

wrote:

I'm waiting for a spate of fried smart phones with the sudden popularity
of
mains outlets with built in USB connections any day now.

Hardly worth the bother anyway if your phone can do quick charging, as
these wall sockets will almost certainly just be bog standard 5V
outlets with a current capability of 0.5A, or maybe 1A at the most, so
no advantage over using a proper charger, and probably worse.

2.1A USB wall warts are fairly common.

Are there any Quickcharge 3 built in wall sockets that can raise the
output voltage?

Never bothered looking.

Old February 2nd 18, 09:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

wrote:

I'm waiting for a spate of fried smart phones with the sudden popularity
of
mains outlets with built in USB connections any day now.

Hardly worth the bother anyway if your phone can do quick charging, as
these wall sockets will almost certainly just be bog standard 5V
outlets with a current capability of 0.5A, or maybe 1A at the most, so
no advantage over using a proper charger, and probably worse.

2.1A USB wall warts are fairly common.

Are there any Quickcharge 3 built in wall sockets that can raise the
output voltage?

Never bothered looking.

The couple I checked on the Screwfix website could vary the current to
suit what was plugged in but quoted 5V throughout.

Old February 3rd 18, 08:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 22:27:09 +0000, Indy Jess John
wrote:

I'm waiting for a spate of fried smart phones with the sudden popularity
of
mains outlets with built in USB connections any day now.

Hardly worth the bother anyway if your phone can do quick charging, as
these wall sockets will almost certainly just be bog standard 5V
outlets with a current capability of 0.5A, or maybe 1A at the most, so
no advantage over using a proper charger, and probably worse.

2.1A USB wall warts are fairly common.

Are there any Quickcharge 3 built in wall sockets that can raise the
output voltage?

Never bothered looking.

The couple I checked on the Screwfix website could vary the current to
suit what was plugged in but quoted 5V throughout.

OK for an iPhone then, but wouldn't charge my Samsung as fast as a
proper Samsung (or Qualcomm) charger.

Rod