Freeview BBC Four HD move

Old January 15th 18, 10:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Default Freeview BBC Four HD move

On 15/01/2018 01:44, Bill Wright wrote:
On 14/01/2018 17:35, Brian Gaff wrote:
Who knows I don't watch hd, well why would I need it?

Because the picture you couldn't see would be clearer! If I were you
that would be a source of grim satisfaction.

Or disappointment that he is missing out on more.

--
Max Demian
Old January 15th 18, 10:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 15/01/2018 11:11, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/01/2018 09:30, tim... wrote:
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
news
On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:

Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7
versions have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

do a manual retune of the muxes involved

I don't that'll work for a station moved between muxes while keeping its
LCN the same.

I did that on my Sony telly, a manual search on COM 8's UHF allocation,
and then manually replacing the COM 7 version (that I have stored on LCN
9 and not 106)

My 2013 You View box doesn't allow anything other than a full fresh
scan, though I noticed the timer settings were not wpised.

--
Mark
Old January 15th 18, 01:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 15/01/2018 08:21, Mark Carver wrote:
On 14/01/2018 21:04, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:
Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7
versions have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

Photograph the existing schedule off screen with a nearby smartphone

If the smartphone is not nearby it might be necessary to move it towards
the TV set before taking the picture.

Old January 15th 18, 01:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 15/01/2018 11:12, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/01/2018 01:44, Bill Wright wrote:
On 14/01/2018 17:35, Brian Gaff wrote:
Who knows I don't watch hd, well why would I need it?

Because the picture you couldn't see would be clearer! If I were you
that would be a source of grim satisfaction.

Or disappointment that he is missing out on more.

It all depends on Brian's personal philosophical viewpoint.

Old January 15th 18, 08:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 15/01/2018 09:39, Mark Carver wrote:
On 15/01/2018 09:32, tim... wrote:

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 14/01/2018 21:04, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:
Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7
versions have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

Photograph the existing schedule off screen with a nearby smartphone

it's still a PITA putting 50 items back in

50 ? !!

We don't have 50, but it's still a PITA.
Old January 16th 18, 08:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 23:58:44 +0100, Martin wrote:

Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7
versions have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

Photograph the existing schedule off screen with a nearby smartphone

it's still a PITA putting 50 items back in

50 ? !!

We don't have 50, but it's still a PITA.

Another reason to change to Freesat?

Or change to a Freeview recorder that doesn't do this, e.g. Panasonic.

Old January 16th 18, 08:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 23:58:44 +0100, Martin wrote:

Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and
re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7
versions have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

Photograph the existing schedule off screen with a nearby smartphone

it's still a PITA putting 50 items back in

50 ? !!

We don't have 50, but it's still a PITA.

Another reason to change to Freesat?

Or change to a Freeview recorder that doesn't do this, e.g. Panasonic.

surely the newer Hummies also auto update?

tim

Old January 16th 18, 11:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:04:55 +0000
Vir Campestris wrote:

On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:
Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7
versions have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

Andy

What model of Hummy is it?

--
Davey.