Freeview BBC Four HD move

Old January 14th 18, 11:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Freeview BBC Four HD move

On Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:04:55 +0000
Vir Campestris wrote:

On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:
Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7
versions have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

Andy

If it's one of the suitable Humaxes, install the Customised Firmware,
which takes care of this problem.

--
Davey.
Old January 15th 18, 12:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 14/01/2018 17:35, Brian Gaff wrote:
Who knows I don't watch hd, well why would I need it?

Because the picture you couldn't see would be clearer! If I were you
that would be a source of grim satisfaction.

Old January 15th 18, 07:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 14/01/2018 21:04, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:
Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7
versions have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

Photograph the existing schedule off screen with a nearby smartphone

--
Mark
Old January 15th 18, 08:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
news
On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:
Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7 versions
have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

do a manual retune of the muxes involved

(and it isn't just Mr Hummy, it's quite normal.)

tim

Old January 15th 18, 08:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 14/01/2018 21:04, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:
Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7 versions
have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

Photograph the existing schedule off screen with a nearby smartphone

it's still a PITA putting 50 items back in

and there's no solution at all to putting back a series recording for a
series that isn't on this week

tim

Old January 15th 18, 09:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Brian Gaff
writes
Who knows I don't watch hd, well why would I need it?
I'd like to know, specifically which sd channels will I loose using my
elderly sd only talking box come the shuffle round.
Brian

I take it there's no difference in sound quality between SD and HD?
--
John Hall
"Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history
Old January 15th 18, 10:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Unsteadyken

In article ,
says...
I take it there's no difference in sound quality between SD and HD?

Only the obvious one, HD can carry 5.1 channels SD is stereo only.

Old January 15th 18, 10:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 15/01/2018 09:30, tim... wrote:
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
news
On 14/01/2018 14:53, Mark Carver wrote:

Be careful with PVR timer settings for BBC 4. I'd delete any, and re
enter them after you've done the rescan, or else once the COM 7
versions have gone, you'll end up with failed recordings.

My Hummy wipes all its scheduled recordings on any retune

do a manual retune of the muxes involved

I don't that'll work for a station moved between muxes while keeping its
LCN the same.

--
Max Demian