Can I get rid of Flash Player now ?

Old January 10th 18, 09:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

Default Can I get rid of Flash Player now ?

Had a little box pop up whilst watching BBC1 iPlayer stream this morning
showing this label:

2.16 30 1839433.u

5166kbps | dash (mf_bidi_https) | b09prpbk | 1280 x 720

Old January 10th 18, 10:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Phi wrote:

5166kbps | dash (mf_bidi_https) | b09prpbk | 1280 x 720

iPlayer has used dash for quite some time now, but annoyingly, a few
parts of the BBC website (weather forecasts, some news videos) will fail
without flash.

Old January 10th 18, 11:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well it worked on Firefox with no flash in it a couple of weeks back but
since they keep on redesigning the bloody web site its getting very hard to
actually watch anything lately.

news

Old January 10th 18, 03:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Not Firefox, you have to load it in as it prompts for it on sites that need
it. Since I'm now back on ff 52.esr since the latest version is inaccessible
I know that this does not have it embedded and laso according to Microsoft
and Adobe Flash will be considered op obsolete soon and only security
patches issued for those that need it.
I say good riddance.

"Martin" wrote in message

Some browsers have Flash embedded in them.

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:11:26 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

wrote:

Well it worked on Firefox with no flash in it a couple of weeks back but
since they keep on redesigning the bloody web site its getting very hard
actually watch anything lately.
Brian

Some browsers have Flash embedded in them.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old January 10th 18, 03:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Phi wrote:

5166kbps | dash (mf_bidi_https) | b09prpbk | 1280 x 720

iPlayer has used dash for quite some time now, but annoyingly, a few parts
of the BBC website (weather forecasts, some news videos) will fail without
flash.

good.

how do I get rid of it

tim