Poor signal quality on CH60 mux

Old January 3rd 18, 12:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Poor signal quality on CH60 mux

On 02/01/2018 21:48, Brian Gaff wrote:
Be interesting to know if the tuners in the other equipment show anything
different. That might point to an overload. I doubt the performance is the
same on all of them.

As has been said, a loft aerial is going to attenuate higher channels more
than lower ones of course so any interference might be worse.
Brian

There are multiple reflections in lofts, so it is much harder for an
aerial to discriminate against unwanted signals. Polarisation
discrimination also suffers. The aerial itself might be de-tuned by the
close proximity of other objects, leading to degradation of the polar
response.

Old January 3rd 18, 08:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
WCZ[_5_]

Could this be 4G signal interference? I've been looking for a filter that
still allows CH60 to be received but so far no luck.

Thanks everyone. I've emailed at800.tv to see if they can send out a CH60
4G filter. That should either fix it or prove the problem is something
else.

--

WCZ

Old January 3rd 18, 09:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

In article , WCZ wrote:
Could this be 4G signal interference? I've been looking for a filter
that still allows CH60 to be received but so far no luck.

Thanks everyone. I've emailed at800.tv to see if they can send out a
CH60 4G filter. That should either fix it or prove the problem is
something else.

Let us know how you get on with them. When the changes were made for 4G
those responsible issued a promise that anyone affected could have such a
filter from them, for free.

In reality, of course, some who were affected didn't know the cause, or
about the above promise. So phoned their local TV bods who then probably
charged them for remedial work. ...and they duly didn't appear in the
statistics of how many people were adversely affected.

Old January 3rd 18, 10:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 03/01/2018 09:36, WCZ wrote:
Could this be 4G signal interference?* I've been looking for a filter
that still allows CH60 to be received but so far no luck.

Thanks everyone.* I've emailed at800.tv to see if they can send out a
CH60 4G filter.* That should either fix it or prove the problem is
something else.

I'd be interested to know what they're sending out nowadays for ch60. A
simple two-stage passive filter or something better?

Old January 3rd 18, 10:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
WCZ[_5_]

"Bill Wright" wrote in message news
On 03/01/2018 09:36, WCZ wrote:
Could this be 4G signal interference? I've been looking for a filter
that still allows CH60 to be received but so far no luck.

Thanks everyone. I've emailed at800.tv to see if they can send out a
CH60 4G filter. That should either fix it or prove the problem is
something else.

I'd be interested to know what they're sending out nowadays for ch60. A
simple two-stage passive filter or something better?

Bill

It's in the post. I'll tell you the make and model when it arrives.

--

WCZ

Old January 3rd 18, 12:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

In article , Bill Wright
wrote:
On 03/01/2018 09:36, WCZ wrote:
Could this be 4G signal interference? I've been looking for a filter
that still allows CH60 to be received but so far no luck.

Thanks everyone. I've emailed at800.tv to see if they can send out a
CH60 4G filter. That should either fix it or prove the problem is
something else.

I'd be interested to know what they're sending out nowadays for ch60. A
simple two-stage passive filter or something better?

FWIW The filter they sent me is distinctly longer, physically, than the
ones I tested from other sources. But I've not opened any of them to see if
that is simply filled with added air. :-) Seemed to do the trick here
though (with one mux on Ch60-)

Old January 3rd 18, 03:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 03/01/2018 10:22, Jim Lesurf wrote:

In reality, of course, some who were affected didn't know the cause, or
about the above promise. So phoned their local TV bods who then probably
charged them for remedial work. ...and they duly didn't appear in the
statistics of how many people were adversely affected.

Jim

Every time they change things it's the ordinary people who end up out of
pocket. Usually it's the poorest people because they get ripped off more
easily.

Old January 5th 18, 06:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
James Heaton

"Jim Lesurf" wrote in message
In article , WCZ wrote:

Could this be 4G signal interference? I've been looking for a filter
that still allows CH60 to be received but so far no luck.

Yes, it might be 4G if a new base station near your line of sight to the
Oxford TX has started up - or a close neighbour is now using 4G.

You *might* find adding an attenuator reduces the problem if you can't
find
a suitable filter. There was a body that promised to send out free
suitable
filters to all who needed them.[1]

[1] I've forgotten their name but someone else here will probably recall
it
or know if they can still send out filters.

Did you mean these people?

https://at800.tv/

James