OT Is it me?

Old December 28th 17, 03:38 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

Default OT Is it me?

On 27/12/2017 16:23, Peeler wrote:
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 10:51:40 +0000, Indy Jess John wrote:

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:32:14 -0000, Indy Jess wrote:

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 23:02:43 -0000, Indy Jess wrote:

Then there's something wrong with your head. I can remember all sorts just by wanting to. Was your brain not recording properly when you were a child?

I had an eidetic memory when I was a child. If I was sitting an exam I
could page through the school books and read the contents.

Did you get an A in everything?

It depended on how interested I was in the subject. I did well in the
ones that I enjoyed, but didn't have the motivation to write lots of
stuff on things that bored me. I did OK in 10 of the 12 O levels I sat,
but only two of the three A Levels I sat. I discovered too late to
change it that I had picked a subject I was recommended rather than one
that would really grab me. I studied that one in my spare time in the
school library as well.

I could only remember what I could understand, eg. the laws of physics. I couldn't remember facts in history at all.

I had trouble with history as well. Dates and monarchs didn't grab me
at all, and I could have done with being taught why things happened
rather than what happened when.

I had an enlightened school though, which allowed bright pupils to sit O
levels early, and with Maths and English under my belt I had spaces in
the timetable to study other things, so I learned meteorology, astronomy
(with some elementary laws of physics), calculus, statistics, and the
benefits and hazards of various insecticides.

Jim

Looks like you are a genius like Birdbrain! The poor idiot claims he has an
IQ of 135 (sometimes 140, he hasn't yet made up his "mind"). LOL

I have never tested mine. I couldn't see the point; I am me, not a number.

Prisoner mode off