Star Wars Rogue 1 - pricing on Amazon

Old December 22nd 17, 03:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

Default Star Wars Rogue 1 - pricing on Amazon

Prices from Amazon:

Amazon Video £7.99.

Blu-ray £11.99

DVD £15.85

O.K., the DVD is not directly from Amazon but the other two are and they
are all on the same page.

If I want to get it elsewhere it is £7 for the DVD from Tesco or Sainsbury.

I thought Amazon was supposed to be the cheapest usually?

I can see that they want to push the video service (less cost to them) but
priced above the cost of a DVD?

Perhaps it is just Xmas madness.

Or the cheaper one could be the Theatrical Version (had to look that one
up - the version originally shown in cinemas).

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old December 22nd 17, 05:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , David
writes
Prices from Amazon:

Amazon Video 7.99.

Blu-ray 11.99

DVD 15.85

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rogue-One-S...+rogue+one+dvd

DVD version 6.99.
--
John Hall "George the Third
Ought never to have occurred.
Old December 22nd 17, 06:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Yellow[_3_]

On 22 Dec 2017 16:55:53 GMT, David wrote:

Prices from Amazon:

Amazon Video 7.99.

Blu-ray 11.99

DVD 15.85

O.K., the DVD is not directly from Amazon but the other two are and they
are all on the same page.

If I want to get it elsewhere it is 7 for the DVD from Tesco or Sainsbury.

I thought Amazon was supposed to be the cheapest usually?

I can see that they want to push the video service (less cost to them) but
priced above the cost of a DVD?

Perhaps it is just Xmas madness.

Or the cheaper one could be the Theatrical Version (had to look that one
up - the version originally shown in cinemas).

I have had my eye on a newly released book - 5 paperback, 7.99 Kindle
version. Noticed day before yesterday Amazon had dropped the Kindle
version price to 2.99.

Who knows how they come up with their prices.

Old December 23rd 17, 07:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

There are lots of versions. We blind have been warned to take a sighted
person with us if buying any dvds or whatever as although the AD was
recorded and in the cinema, some releases do not contain it, instead the
shove on tasters for upcoming films and adverts or interviews with stars
etc.
You just cannot trust anyone these days.
As for pricing well, it really does change day by day.
I'm still waiting for my speakers but had I bought tem in July I'd have
spent nearly 30 quid less on the same ones. Brian

Old December 23rd 17, 01:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_14_]

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 18:51:40 +0000, John Hall wrote:

In message , David
writes
Prices from Amazon:

Amazon Video £7.99.

Blu-ray £11.99

DVD £15.85

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rogue-One-S...dp/B01N2TFVE3/

ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&sr=1-1&keywords=star+wars+rogue+one+dvd

DVD version £6.99.

There you go.
That was the page I was looking at yesterday and it wasn't showing the
£6.99 version.
Just went back and double checked because I still had the tab open.
Showed the old price, then I reloaded it and a whole load of new options
appeared.
Ah! "In stock on January 10 2018".

3-Disc version of blu-ray is cheaper than 2 disc version.

Also blu-ray at £22.99 and £26.99.

Highest price showing for blu-ray is £80.89 at the moment!

I assume this is to do with being out of stock; easier to set a ludicrous
price than remove then re-add the listing. Or something.

I will either order from Tesco or wait a while.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old December 23rd 17, 02:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

In article , David
wrote:

I assume this is to do with being out of stock; easier to set a
ludicrous price than remove then re-add the listing. Or something.

The variations I see for prices on the (rare) occasions I look at Amazon
pages make me suspect some are 'VAT dodged' prices.

Old December 24th 17, 02:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

My speakers arrived silently in the dead of night this evening.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
news

Old December 24th 17, 07:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 24/12/2017 in message Brian-Gaff wrote:

My speakers arrived silently in the dead of night this evening.

If they are still silent this evening then you'd better send them back!

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
Old January 6th 18, 03:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

On 22/12/2017 19:09, Yellow wrote:
[...]

Isn't it automated, to some extent, with the price changing dynamically
according to demand and supplies available elsewhere? This is what is
responsible for peaks in price on in-demand items in short supply. One
example that springs to mind is a thee-CD + one DVD set by Cilla Black,
which I bought from Amazon a few years ago for about 8. After she died,
demand went up but Parlophone was out of stock, meaning that secondhand
copies were listed (automatically) at Amazon third party sellers at
100. Things as returned to normal as Parlophone have pressed and
distributed copies of her albums and compilations.

The price for the Rogue One DVD as I write is:

Amazon: 7.00

Other supplier (new) from 7.00

Other supplier (used) from 9.38.