OT Is it me?

Old December 21st 17, 01:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
The Natural Philosopher[_2_]

Default OT Is it me?

On 21/12/17 06:05, Richard wrote:
On 20/12/17 22:55, pamela wrote:
On 18:17* 20 Dec 2017, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 20/12/17 11:59, Bill Wright wrote:
On 20/12/2017 11:53, Jethro_uk wrote:

Last week for two hours, the BBC News front page managed to
have absolutely nothing whatsoever about Brexit. Nothing. I
actually saved the page*. Not even a link.

I think it has become necessary to use a wide variety of news
sources and apply critical thought to everything. It's terrible
that we can't believe the BBC anymore.

in 1980 I emigtated to S afroca for three years, where the
staggering propagnada show of the SABC was so obviuous it wasnt
ven argued over.

Presumably you no longer consider yourself a true Brit after
completely abandoning the UK for several years.

Do you now have a South African passport?

Define "true Brit".

Oh is Pamela stalking me again?

How sweet.

No dear, I do not have a south african passport, and your use of
perjorative language like 'abandoning the UK for three years' shows the
true depths of your bigotry.

I used to know a little girl at school called pamela.

The only thing I remember is that she used to wet her knickersand cry a
lot..

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Old December 21st 17, 01:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2017 06:36, Richard wrote:
On 20/12/17 23:53, Bill Findlay wrote:
pamela wrote:

I'm all for tolerating minorities and leaving them to do what they
want but I can't see why minority beliefs need to be paraded as
normal.

Being a member of an ethnic or sexual minority is not a belief.
Your idiotic and bigoted ideas are, though.

So you supported the white minorities in Africa?

They are the people who seem to be able to run a country in a civilised
manner after all. Why should we not bring the benefits of our superior
culture to the stone age savages?

Old December 21st 17, 01:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Jeff Gaines

On 21/12/2017 in message Bill Wright wrote:

So you supported the white minorities in Africa?

They are the people who seem to be able to run a country in a civilised
manner after all. Why should we not bring the benefits of our superior
culture to the stone age savages?

What about Scotland, same principles :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
640k ought to be enough for anyone.
Old December 21st 17, 02:03 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

pamela wrote:
For example, we all known homosexuality is not normal but we
generally tolerate the aberration.

Care to define normal? If brown eyes are the most common does that make
those with green not normal?

Defining sexuality as normal or not would be fine if sex was only for
producing offspring. As some religious nutters would have you believe.

I don't think it's important to categorise an individual's sexuality as
'normal' or 'abnormal'. It's just playing with words. What's classed as
normal depends largely on the societal norms prevalent at the time. The
ancient Greeks regarded the man-boy relationship as entirely normal.

It's interesting how the words 'pervert' and 'perversion' have become
unacceptable to the PC obsessives. They are just being mealy-mouthed as
usual. If something has been perverted it has simply been misused; used
for something other than its intended purpose. Since sex is intended for
procreation, homosexual activities are perversions. But so what? By the
true definition of 'perverted' the use of contraceptives is a
perversion. Again, so what?

Old December 21st 17, 02:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Your idiotic and bigoted ideas are, though.

How about the idiotic and bigoted ideas of Islamic minorities though?

How about the idiotic and bigoted ideas of Christian minorities though?

How about the idiotic and bigoted ideas of Turnip?

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old December 21st 17, 03:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter

pamela wrote:

I'm all for tolerating minorities and leaving them to do what they
want but I can't see why minority beliefs need to be paraded as
normal.

Being a member of an ethnic or sexual minority is not a belief.
Your idiotic and bigoted ideas are, though.

So you supported the white minorities in Africa?

They are the people who seem to be able to run a country in a civilised
manner after all. Why should we not bring the benefits of our superior
culture to the stone age savages?

Bill

Depends how civilised you think arbitrary arrest and routine mass
torture is.

--

Roger Hayter
Old December 21st 17, 03:46 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Hayter

Bill Wright wrote:

pamela wrote:
[...]

How can evolution have an intention. Sex evolved and we make us of it
how we like. You might as well say hands were intended for hanging
from trees and manufacture is a perversion.

--

Roger Hayter
Old December 21st 17, 05:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 21/12/2017 16:46, Roger Hayter wrote:

It's interesting how the words 'pervert' and 'perversion' have become
unacceptable to the PC obsessives. They are just being mealy-mouthed as
usual. If something has been perverted it has simply been misused; used
for something other than its intended purpose. Since sex is intended for
procreation, homosexual activities are perversions. But so what? By the
true definition of 'perverted' the use of contraceptives is a
perversion. Again, so what?

Bill

How can evolution have an intention. Sex evolved and we make us of it
how we like. You might as well say hands were intended for hanging
from trees and manufacture is a perversion.

An interesting philosophical viewpoint.

Old December 21st 17, 05:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2017 16:46, Roger Hayter wrote:

They are the people who seem to be able to run a country in a civilised
manner after all. Why should we not bring the benefits of our superior
culture to the stone age savages?

Bill

Depends how civilised you think arbitrary arrest and routine mass
torture is.

Not as bad as boiling missionaries in big iron pots. I know they do
that; I've seen it in Beano.

Old December 21st 17, 05:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 21/12/2017 15:54, pamela wrote:

I don't think it's important to categorise an individual's
sexuality as 'normal' or 'abnormal'. It's just playing with
words. What's classed as normal depends largely on the societal
norms prevalent at the time. The ancient Greeks regarded the
man-boy relationship as entirely normal.

It's interesting how the words 'pervert' and 'perversion' have
become unacceptable to the PC obsessives. They are just being
mealy-mouthed as usual. If something has been perverted it has
simply been misused; used for something other than its intended
purpose. Since sex is intended for procreation, homosexual
activities are perversions. But so what? By the true definition
of 'perverted' the use of contraceptives is a perversion. Again,
so what?

The "so what" is.... the BBC should not foist these ideas on a young
generation to give them the impression that such aberrations are
morally acceptable.

The fact is that adult homosexuality is regarded by most people as
morally acceptable. Personally I feel that as long as they don't
frighten the horses they can do as they like. The problem I have with
the BBC and others of that ilk is that they tell kids that such things
are not only acceptable but desirable. They never ever tell kids
anything about the disadvantages of a homosexual relationship or
lifestyle. They also encourage kids to disclose their sexuality far too
early. There's still a stigma attached to homosexuality in many people's
eyes. You can't get away from that; some people will always pick on a
minority. But it's a reality, and there's also straightforward
playground nastiness and bullying. I think by encouraging kids to
declare their sexuality when it is still fluid the BBC are putting these
kids in the firing line unnecessarily.

Although a liberal society tolerates such sexual deviants, their
behaviour is hardly something we should hold out for coming
generations to aspire to.

Kids shouldn't be brainwashed into aspiring to any sexual identity, gay
straight or anything else. Why can't we let them grow up and assume
their sexual identity without pressure when the time is right?

Otherwise what's next, bestiality as
acceptable if it doesn't cause harm to an animal? You know it's
wrong.

I think a more important boundary is the one surrounding child sexual
abuse. Any sexual activity with a child is abhorrent, but I fear that
the seeming 'anything goes' culture might be deliberately misinterpreted
by those wishing to legitimise their CSA activities.