OT Is it me?

Old December 20th 17, 08:44 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Default OT Is it me?

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
Afflicted by post-procedure pain I tire of the gradually brightening
ceiling and wearily put the telly on, at 7.50am, seeking diversion.
BBC1 has a brown alpha-female (called 'nagger' apparently!) and a
subservient white male wimp. They introduce a silly but seemingly
harmless item about a dog that is pampered excessively. The dog's
owners turn out to be two homosexuals.
The next item is about a fishery owner who has banned Polish
anglers. Nothing is said about why he has felt the need to reduce
his customer base in this way, but there are many insinuations that
he is simply racist.
I go to the bathroom. When I get back the telly is saying that the
BBC is going to reduce Christian programming and increase that of
'other religions'. I wonder if this means Buddhists and Sikhs will
get a look in.
It's time for the local news. The newsreader is attractive and has a
lovely smile, and is black. There's an interview with a gay man. The
story about the anti-Polish fishery man is featured, despite it
being in Oxfordshire and this programme being Look North from Leeds.
I turn the telly off and play some music. I idly look at the BBC
news on my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in
Birmingham. It seems that "It is not known what caused the crash",
and there are no details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the
central reservation at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on.
However the innocent victim in that car is identified as a
hard-working Asian with a large family. Strange that yesterday's
papers said that the car that caused the accident was driven by an
Asian drug baron who had recently been released from prison
following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed that.

We are getting to much the same opinion Bill, whether it is BBC
Breakfast or Sky News - who are forever banging on about single use
plastics and the alleged damage it is doing.

My apologies if this is a repeat, but I saw recently that the ASA has
decreed that adverts can no longer show a woman doing household chores
such as cleaning or washing up, and that all families shown (two
parent/two children-type) must either be all black or mixed race with
a black father/white mother, never the other way around. Now I know
about it I spot it every time!

I saw yesterday that non-indigenous (i.e. white British) peoples
account for only 14% of the UK population but provide well over 40% of
those in jail.

I see this morning that the BBC is to broadcast more religion but it
will be at the expense of Christianity.

Aligned with your comments it does beg the question of what the world
and especially this country is coming to, assisted of course by our
dear BBC and their "Britain only exists within the M25" viewpoint.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old December 20th 17, 08:53 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 09:44, Woody wrote:

Aligned with your comments it does beg the question of what the world
and especially this country is coming to, assisted of course by our
dear BBC and their "Britain only exists within the M25" viewpoint.

What a pity that more people don't realise that much of the broadcast
media is pulling the wool over their eyes. Of course for the young it's
always been the same so they have nothing to compare it with.

Old December 20th 17, 09:02 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod Speed

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 12/20/2017 8:39 AM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:35:08 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I idly look at the BBC news on
my phone. I read about the recent bad road accident in Birmingham. It
seems that "It is not known what caused the crash", and there are no
details about the 'men' in the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on. However the innocent victim
in that car is identified as a hard-working Asian with a large family.
Strange that yesterday's papers said that the car that caused the
accident was driven by an Asian drug baron who had recently been
released from prison following a 120mph chase. Funny how the BBC missed
that.

Comprehensive coverage on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-42408477

he was no angel...but he is now ......

Nope, being burnt to a crisp. Birmingham Fried Asian.

Old December 20th 17, 09:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint[_2_]

On 20/12/2017 08:35, Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

Bill

Where did you read about "the car that crossed the central reservation
at 100mph and hit the other vehicle head on"?
Old December 20th 17, 09:34 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
fflicted by post-procedure pain I tire of the gradually brightening
ceiling and wearily put the telly on, at 7.50am, seeking diversion. BBC1
has a brown alpha-female (called 'nagger' apparently!) and a subservient
white male wimp. They introduce a silly but seemingly harmless item
about a dog that is pampered excessively. The dog's owners turn out to
be two homosexuals.

Have you only got BBC1 where you live? Very odd considering your job.

Generally, if I don't like a programme I look for something else. Or even
something I recorded earlier.

Because I realise programme makers don't make stuff just for me.

--
*If vegetable oil comes from vegetables, where does baby oil come from? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old December 20th 17, 10:57 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Bill Wright wrote:
fflicted by post-procedure pain I tire of the gradually brightening
ceiling and wearily put the telly on, at 7.50am, seeking diversion. BBC1
has a brown alpha-female (called 'nagger' apparently!) and a subservient
white male wimp. They introduce a silly but seemingly harmless item
about a dog that is pampered excessively. The dog's owners turn out to
be two homosexuals.

Have you only got BBC1 where you live? Very odd considering your job.

Yes it's very strange. I need an aerial man I think.

Generally, if I don't like a programme I look for something else. Or even
something I recorded earlier.

My complaint isn't about what was on at that moment, it was about the
sort of liberal leftist guff always being on. Why should I buy a TV
licence just to have this weird mindset given such dominance?

Because I realise programme makers don't make stuff just for me.

Well no, it'd just be Marxist stuff I expect.

Old December 20th 17, 10:59 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Jimbo ...[_2_]

On 12/20/2017 10:02 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

straight to hell...no 52 virgins for him ...

--
Sometimes I pretend to be normal then I get bored and go back to being
me ...
Old December 20th 17, 10:59 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 20/12/2017 11:53, Jethro_uk wrote:

Last week for two hours, the BBC News front page managed to have
absolutely nothing whatsoever about Brexit. Nothing. I actually saved the
page*. Not even a link.

I think it has become necessary to use a wide variety of news sources
and apply critical thought to everything. It's terrible that we can't
believe the BBC anymore.

Old December 20th 17, 11:26 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Bill Wright wrote:

The next item is about a fishery owner who has banned Polish anglers.

It seems to be at least eight years since he erected his sign

https://www.anglingtimes.co.uk/fishing-news/2009/scottish-fishery-boss-court-case-could-open-floodgates
Old December 20th 17, 11:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
MR

On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 11:59:14 UTC, wrote:
On 20/12/2017 11:53, Jethro_uk wrote:

Last week for two hours, the BBC News front page managed to have
absolutely nothing whatsoever about Brexit. Nothing. I actually saved the
page*. Not even a link.

I think it has become necessary to use a wide variety of news sources
and apply critical thought to everything. It's terrible that we can't
believe the BBC anymore.

The truth is left wing.