Win 10

Old December 19th 17, 11:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Default Win 10

Bill Wright wrote:
On 19/12/2017 09:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
Really my head seems a very poor place to store passwords, or rather which
password is for which service.

I mean password, fred 1234 and forget-me-not and possibly pets names are not
suitable passwords.
Shame that.
Brian

Here's a way to make up a memorable password. Think of a phrase that you
associate with the application. For instance if the app is iPlayer you
could choose LeftWingBias (using upper and lower case). Then think of a
number you associate with the app., for instance the channels used by
your favourite TV transmitter. Could be something like 21 24 27 35 38 49
55 56. Then alternate the two thus: L21e24f27t35W... and so on.

Surely takes ages to actually type it in working it out as you go
doesn't it? Also, if it was me, I'd get lost half-way through and
lose the plot completely!

My strategy is to use *very old* car numbers that I can still remember
from my childhood (i.e. back in the 1950s) with a standardised way of
generating suffixes and prefixes (which include non alphabetic
characters). This way I can remember them reasonably easily in their
entirety without having to sort of work things out as I go.

--
Chris Green
·
Old December 19th 17, 01:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 19/12/2017 11:53, Chris Green wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
On 19/12/2017 09:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
Really my head seems a very poor place to store passwords, or rather which
password is for which service.

I mean password, fred 1234 and forget-me-not and possibly pets names are not
suitable passwords.
Shame that.
Brian

Here's a way to make up a memorable password. Think of a phrase that you
associate with the application. For instance if the app is iPlayer you
could choose LeftWingBias (using upper and lower case). Then think of a
number you associate with the app., for instance the channels used by
your favourite TV transmitter. Could be something like 21 24 27 35 38 49
55 56. Then alternate the two thus: L21e24f27t35W... and so on.

Surely takes ages to actually type it in working it out as you go
doesn't it?

I write it down first!

Old December 19th 17, 08:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

That rather destroys a lot of its security surely.

--
Chris Green
·
Old December 20th 17, 09:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Bill Wright wrote:
[...]

No because I write it in the foam on my Guinness and then drink it quick.