The latest TV con!

Old December 17th 17, 09:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

Default The latest TV con!

Claims to give cable TV for free in the UK. Oh yeah!

http://thefoxinsider.com/page1/topga...e&creative=DUK

--
Peter Crosland

Reply address is valid
Old December 17th 17, 11:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 09:12:59 +0000
Peter Crosland wrote:

Claims to give cable TV for free in the UK. Oh yeah!

http://thefoxinsider.com/page1/topga...e&creative=DUK

I like this:

"THE STORY DEPICTED ON THIS SITE AND THE PERSON DEPICTED IN THE STORY
ARE NOT ACTUAL NEWS. RATHER, THIS STORY IS BASED ON THE RESULTS THAT
SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED THESE PRODUCTS HAVE ACHIEVED. THE RESULTS
PORTRAYED IN THE STORY AND IN THE COMMENTS ARE ILLUSTRATIVE, AND MAY
NOT BE THE RESULTS THAT YOU ACHIEVE WITH THESE PRODUCTS."

"No ****, Sherlock!", as the saying goes.

Is there anything in the 'Law' that is quoted in the ad?

--
Davey.
Old December 17th 17, 12:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
o.uk...
Claims to give cable TV for free in the UK. Oh yeah!

http://thefoxinsider.com/page1/topga...e&creative=DUK

--

I saw that the other day. If you look through the pages you will
quickly realise that it is an American advert that has been

Read further down and it refers to ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox, none of
which are available in this country (yet!)

A small panel that picks up from 60 miles - eh?? If that were true we
would all be using it!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old December 17th 17, 04:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 17/12/2017 09:12, Peter Crosland wrote:
Claims to give cable TV for free in the UK. Oh yeah!

http://thefoxinsider.com/page1/topga...e&creative=DUK

Clicking on the link at the bottom gives a 404 error.

Reminds me of those "magic" TV aerials you used to be able to buy in the
70s. Just a little coil thing you plugged into your TV. If it didn't
work you could send it back for a refund. They relied on /some/ people
not bothering.

--
Max Demian
Old December 17th 17, 06:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 17/12/2017 16:22, Max Demian wrote:
On 17/12/2017 09:12, Peter Crosland wrote:
Claims to give cable TV for free in the UK. Oh yeah!

http://thefoxinsider.com/page1/topga...e&creative=DUK

ClickingÂ* on the link at the bottom gives a 404 error.

Reminds me of those "magic" TV aerials you used to be able to buy in the
70s. Just a little coil thing you plugged into your TV. If it didn't
work you could send it back for a refund. They relied on /some/ people
not bothering.

A bloke used to stand in Donny market selling things that comprised a
coax plug, about five foot of single core wire, and a large ex-WD
electrolytic capacitor.
In those days a bit of wire like that might work, especially on the BBC
channel.

Old December 18th 17, 09:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Only the facts have been changed to protect the guilty?
I particularly like the disclaimers you get on these stupid ghost
investigating shows from the states. Note this program is for entertainment
purposes only. Well there is a thing. Can I sue when they send me to sleep
then?

news