Strange BBC programming (for a change)

Old December 14th 17, 04:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Strange BBC programming (for a change)

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode of
Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not appeared
before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has been
shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the
Lost Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

--
Davey.
Old December 15th 17, 07:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris J Dixon

Davey wrote:

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode of
Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not appeared
before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has been
shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the
Lost Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

You need the Xmas RT to find the rest of the new series of FB. It
does seem a somewhat random way to arrange matters.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old December 15th 17, 09:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 08:21:06 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode of
Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not appeared
before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has been
shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the
Lost Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

You need the Xmas RT to find the rest of the new series of FB. It
does seem a somewhat random way to arrange matters.

Sometimes when they're going to show a new series of something that
hasn't been on for a while, they show a few selected episodes of a
previous series first, just to remind you of what it is I suppose. As
far as I can tell, that seems to be the underlying logic.

Old December 15th 17, 10:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

wrote:

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode
of Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not
appeared before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has
been shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the
Lost Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

You need the Xmas RT to find the rest of the new series of FB. It
does seem a somewhat random way to arrange matters.

Sometimes when they're going to show a new series of something that
hasn't been on for a while, they show a few selected episodes of a
previous series first, just to remind you of what it is I suppose. As
far as I can tell, that seems to be the underlying logic.

Rod.

I'm not disagreeing, but the way they are doing this one does rather
stretch the meaning of 'logic'!

it reminds me of the US PBS 'Pledge' periods, when normal programming
was replaced with interminable unwatchable old documentaries that
nobody wanted to see for the umpteenth time, so turning more people
away than were attracted.

--
Davey.
Old December 15th 17, 10:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Davey wrote:

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode of
Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not appeared
before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has been
shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the
Lost Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

You need the Xmas RT to find the rest of the new series of FB. It
does seem a somewhat random way to arrange matters.

Chris

Ah, thanks. That should be around somewhere if it's been published, the
wife usually has control of that publication.

--
Davey.
Old December 15th 17, 10:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
johnt

wrote:

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode of
Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not appeared
before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has been
shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the
Lost Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

You need the Xmas RT to find the rest of the new series of FB. It
does seem a somewhat random way to arrange matters.

Sometimes when they're going to show a new series of something that
hasn't been on for a while, they show a few selected episodes of a
previous series first, just to remind you of what it is I suppose. As
far as I can tell, that seems to be the underlying logic.

There are 14 upcoming episodes shown in Digiguide but they do seem to be in
somewhat random order.
--
JohnT

Old December 15th 17, 01:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeeGee

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Davey wrote:

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode of
Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not appeared
before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has been
shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the
Lost Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

You need the Xmas RT to find the rest of the new series of FB. It
does seem a somewhat random way to arrange matters.

Chris

Ah, thanks. That should be around somewhere if it's been published, the
wife usually has control of that publication.

Annoyingly, a youview series record of series 6 episode 1 also includes
the series 5 episode(s)!

--
PeeGee

to be removed from a computer easily."
Old December 15th 17, 01:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Davey wrote:

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new
episode of Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title
has not appeared before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has
been shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of
the Lost Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

You need the Xmas RT to find the rest of the new series of FB. It
does seem a somewhat random way to arrange matters.

Chris

Ah, thanks. That should be around somewhere if it's been published,
the wife usually has control of that publication.

Annoyingly, a youview series record of series 6 episode 1 also
includes the series 5 episode(s)!

The logic of programmers?

--
Davey.
Old December 15th 17, 02:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 17:05:34 +0000, Davey wrote:

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode of
Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not appeared
before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has been
shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the Lost
Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

This isn't a new thing. I'm afraid this is classic of BBC 1 and 2's
daytime TV scheduling.

--
Johnny B Good
Old December 18th 17, 06:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint[_2_]

On 15/12/2017 15:45, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 17:05:34 +0000, Davey wrote:

BBC1 is showing on Monday in the mid-afternoon slot, a new episode of
Father Brown. It is marked as 1 of 10, and the title has not appeared
before, as far as I can see. So far, so good.
On Tuesday, there is another 1 of 10, but this time one that has been
shown before.
So what is coming on Wednesday? No Father Brown, but Raiders of the Lost
Ark.

Makes sense to somebody, I'm sure.

This isn't a new thing. I'm afraid this is classic of BBC 1 and 2's
daytime TV scheduling.

Classic is the re-arranging of episodes of the antique/houses crap - the
missus watches all that! No explanation or obvious reason.

The 2nd part of the new Father Brown is on Tuesday 2nd January.

Good sources of BBC advance scheduling are the BBC Media Centre
"Programme Information"
e.g
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/pro...ek=201801&day=

or radiotimes.com