Pontop Pike

Old December 10th 17, 09:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

Default Pontop Pike

In article , Bill Wright
wrote:
On 10/12/2017 10:03, The Other John wrote:
On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 23:38:39 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I recently made a complete 405 rig for a collector of old tellys. He
has fixed it on his roof.

Unless they've removed it recently there's a band III aerial on a roof
near me pointing towards Croydon. I'll see if I can get a picture of
it. (That's the aerial pointing, not me )

See also
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/aerialp...nt/index.shtml

Back in the early '90s, I took a "Rogues Gallery" to the CAI show and had a
Caption Contest. Few visitors got the irony. Sadly I no longer have the
photos.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old December 10th 17, 09:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 10/12/2017 10:34, charles wrote:
In article , Bill Wright
wrote:
On 10/12/2017 10:03, The Other John wrote:
On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 23:38:39 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I recently made a complete 405 rig for a collector of old tellys. He
has fixed it on his roof.

Unless they've removed it recently there's a band III aerial on a roof
near me pointing towards Croydon. I'll see if I can get a picture of
it. (That's the aerial pointing, not me )

See also
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/aerialp...nt/index.shtml

Back in the early '90s, I took a "Rogues Gallery" to the CAI show and had a
Caption Contest. Few visitors got the irony. Sadly I no longer have the
photos.

I can't remember the details but about ten years ago someone from the
BBC emailed to ask in they could lift images from my rogues gallery for
some exhibition or other. I said yes but never heard any more.

I've been preparing an update for the gallery. I have another sixty-odd
exhibits.

Old December 10th 17, 10:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

I took my own photos. There were plenty of exhibits around.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old December 10th 17, 11:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
The Other John[_2_]

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 10:30:10 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 10/12/2017 10:03, The Other John wrote:
On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 23:38:39 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

I recently made a complete 405 rig for a collector of old tellys. He
has fixed it on his roof.

Unless they've removed it recently there's a band III aerial on a roof
near me pointing towards Croydon. I'll see if I can get a picture of
it.
(That's the aerial pointing, not me )

See also
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/aerialp...nt/index.shtml

Bill

Yes I think this other aerial is like image 73:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxkt4l2srm...rial2.jpg?dl=0

I mis-remembered - it's a band I/III combo. They could be reusing it for
DAB but it's been there for at least the 35 years we've lived here.

--
TOJ.