Things you miss on tv when you cannot see.

Old December 8th 17, 11:59 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

Default Things you miss on tv when you cannot see.

On 07/12/2017 23:26, Mike wrote:
In ,
Brian wrote:
The person that makes me laugh though I gather she does not mind is the lady
continuity announcer who I think Ch 4 have used with a problem with her
speech where an unrelated word will get mixed in with the script she is
reading.

That would be Jess Thom. Also known for "biscuits" and a dislike of lamp-posts,
as well as having Tourette's.

I saw this clip a year or so ago. Quite inspirational!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jmTlQld2Z8

Old December 8th 17, 01:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 08/12/2017 08:41, Jeff Gaines wrote:

I think the BBC were concerned that people might feel they wanted to
work for the BBC, but not if it cost them an arm and a leg.

Oh I say! Your new career awaits!

Old December 8th 17, 01:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Phi

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/12/2017 21:11, Brian Gaff wrote:
Funny I was just thinking the same, I expect the risk evaluation was not
very promising, after all she could get her arm off get the job and then
be
poached by ITV and they have wasted all that money in cutting her arm
off!

I wonder whether any able-bodied athletes have toyed with the idea of
having their lower legs amputated so they can compete in the Paralympics?

--
Max Demian

Or playing Davros.

Old December 8th 17, 08:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 08/12/2017 09:50, NY wrote:

I try not to do imagine what people look like now, because I know I'm
crap at it.

Many years ago we had contact with a guy from Jamaica (mon) who sounded
exactly like everybody's idea of a rastaman. When someone met him - he
was white...

Andy
Old December 8th 17, 09:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike[_19_]

In article ,
NY wrote:

That would be Jess Thom. Also known for "biscuits" and a dislike of
lamp-posts, as well as having Tourette's.

Nowadays there is much less stigma to something like that. Tourettes must be
a difficult one if you never know what word is going to slip out -especially
if every now and again it's a naughty one :=)

Easy: Pre-record, just in case.

From what I recall, it's a benign/surreal example of Tourette's, rather
than swearyTourette's.
Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk
Old December 9th 17, 12:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 08/12/2017 21:51, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/12/2017 09:50, NY wrote:

I try not to do imagine what people look like now, because I know I'm
crap at it.

Many years ago we had contact with a guy from Jamaica (mon) who sounded
exactly like everybody's idea of a rastaman. When someone met him - he
was white...

Andy

In the CB days there was a character round here who's handle was Sod
Buster who had a deep booming voice and was always very belligerent.
Everyone was a bit scared of him. He was fond of saying, "If tha dunt
be-aive I'll cum rand to thy 20 and bray thee ovver t'nose end wiv a
four foot crowbar!" (he was a Sheffielder)
There was an old guy in our circle who was booted out of his house by
Donny council and forced into a bungalow. The council wouldn't pay to
move his twig, so me and Sod Buster said we'd meet up and help out. He
turned out to be five foot eight, thin as a rake, and very pale and wan.

Old December 9th 17, 05:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_4_]

On 08/12/2017 09:50, NY wrote:

I try not to do imagine what people look like now, because I know I'm
crap at it.

Many years ago we had contact with a guy from Jamaica (mon) who sounded
exactly like everybody's idea of a rastaman. When someone met him - he
was white...

Andy

Yes, there are white people living in the WIs.

Old December 9th 17, 06:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 08/12/2017 09:50, NY wrote:

I try not to do imagine what people look like now, because I know I'm
crap at it.

Many years ago we had contact with a guy from Jamaica (mon) who
sounded exactly like everybody's idea of a rastaman. When someone met
him - he was white...

Yes, there are white people living in the WIs.

Somebody's got to keep the slaves in line.

--
Max Demian