Central speaker, Dolby and HDMI

Old November 1st 17, 05:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TonyGamble

Default Central speaker, Dolby and HDMI

Really wierd.

I connected the Firestick directly to the Yamaha and fed the plasma with the HDMI out. It did not offer the central speaker.

I re-fitted my Neet splitter and it came back. I did notice that I had to turn Dolby Digital + to Off to get the central sound. I am sure that is how it was set when I tried Mark's idea of using HDMI out.

This is the Neet.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will double check again today when the light improves so I can see the inside of the cabinet more easily.

I will be back.

Tony
Old November 1st 17, 09:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TonyGamble

I will be back.

Tony

Here I am. Cracked it. I found some more settings to tinker with and within the batch called Stereo I found a '7 channel enhancer'.

That produces sound from the central speaker.

There may be better settings to use and I will experiment. But now, thanks to Andy, I have been able to do away with the splitter and run the Firestick in and out of HDMI on the av amp.

Thanks for the help along the way!

Tony

Old November 1st 17, 11:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 31 October 2017 19:07:52 UTC, TonyGamble wrote:
Does AV amp have HDMI out, or just in?

Yes, Andy.

It is a Yamaha RX-V567 if you could be bothered to look at the online manual.

Why the out?

Tony

Yes page 34 - select Dolby Pro Logic mode and you should get your centre channel back.

The manual has errors and confuses coaxial and optical in on page 17.
Old November 1st 17, 01:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TonyGamble

Yes page 34 - select Dolby Pro Logic mode and you should get your centre channel back.

The manual has errors and confuses coaxial and optical in on page 17.

Mark,

You are a brave man working through that manual. My version is on a tablet computer so I can look at it when I am with the device. And it is totally reliant on the remote control.

The plus of having that HDMI directly out to the plasma is that when one alters this sort of setting it comes up on the big screen which is better than that minute LED on the amp.

Anyway we are there now. I'm now waiting for my internet adapter for the Firestick as I am sure it will work better than with wifi. At least that should not mess up my audio settings!!

Tony

Old November 1st 17, 01:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 14:12:18 UTC, TonyGamble wrote:
Yes page 34 - select Dolby Pro Logic mode and you should get your centre channel back.

The manual has errors and confuses coaxial and optical in on page 17.

Mark,

You are a brave man working through that manual. My version is on a tablet computer so I can look at it when I am with the device. And it is totally reliant on the remote control.

The plus of having that HDMI directly out to the plasma is that when one alters this sort of setting it comes up on the big screen which is better than that minute LED on the amp.

Anyway we are there now. I'm now waiting for my internet adapter for the Firestick as I am sure it will work better than with wifi. At least that should not mess up my audio settings!!

Tony

I think I perused it in the past when deciding which AV amp to buy (got a Sony in the end). The functions in them all are rather similar - a bit like cars...