Co-as cable: truth or nonsense?

Old December 1st 16, 02:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_5_]

Default Co-as cable: truth or nonsense?

In message , tony sayer
writes
In article ,
Terry Casey scribeth thus
In article , says...

Which is why 6.25" co-ax used on main stations like Emley has a
tubular centre conductor which has air blown through it, or at least
it did in analogue days.

I'm sure that, when I visited Crystal Palace in December 1963 we were told
that water was used for cooling the Channel 1 coax!

(Distilled, I assume ...)

I certainly remember a small window through which a float could be seen
registering a flow rate of 20 litres per /minute.

Never known water to cool co-axial cables!, what it is used for is to
cool valves and the like!...

Weren't some large diameter coaxes kept permanently pressurised with dry
air or nitrogen to keep moisture out?

But as for cooling them with water - I've never heard that before.
--
Ian