Talking Pictures TV HD channel 81 on Freeview

Old October 6th 15, 09:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
madge

Default Talking Pictures TV HD channel 81 on Freeview

Combined minds

The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a retune
on my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from Dover
should I be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there at the
100's why did they not assign this channel a a number in the 100's?

Thanks in advance
--
My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d
Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/
Old October 6th 15, 10:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On Tue, 06 Oct 2015 22:08:26 +0100, madge
wrote:
Combined minds

The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a

retune
on my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from

Dover
should I be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there at

the
100's why did they not assign this channel a a number in the 100's?

It's an SD channel carried on the COM7 multiplex, which usually
carries HD channels. COM7 is a weak multiplex which also carries BBC4
HD and BBC News HD (among others). If you can't get them you won't be
able to get Talking Pictures.

--
Max Demian
Old October 7th 15, 12:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:
Combined minds

The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a

retune
on my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from

Dover
should I be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there at

the
100's why did they not assign this channel a a number in the 100's?

It's an SD channel carried on the COM7 multiplex, which usually carries
HD channels. COM7 is a weak multiplex which also carries BBC4 HD and BBC
News HD (among others). If you can't get them you won't be able to get
Talking Pictures.

Oooooh! I didn't know about it, but it's got some 1965 C & W music on
it! Excellent!

Old October 7th 15, 12:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 06/10/2015 22:08, madge wrote:
Combined minds

The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a
retune on my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from
Dover should I be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there
at the 100's why did they not assign this channel a a number in the 100's?

Dover doesn't carry COM 7, and there are no immediate plans for it to,
so you won't be able to receive this channel.

--
Mark
Old October 7th 15, 04:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_9_]

Bill Wright wrote:

Max Demian wrote:

madge wrote:

The usual HD channels are there at the 100's why did they not
assign this channel a a number in the 100's?

It's an SD channel

Oooooh! I didn't know about it

I only noticed because you reach it with CH- from BBC1 HD

Old October 7th 15, 09:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

wrote:

Combined minds

The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a retune
on my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from Dover
should I be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there at the
100's why did they not assign this channel a a number in the 100's?

Thanks in advance

I can't get this channel on Freeview, but I gather it requires an HD
Freeview box, even though the channel is thoroughly SD. It is not
available on Freesat, but it is available on Sky, which I don't have.
However it can be tuned manually in non-Freesat mode - see KingOfSat
website for the required parameters.

I first heard about the channel from a promo in the Films section of
Radio Times, even though it isn't in their listings pages. My only way
of finding out what's on beyond now&next is to consult the channel's
website which gives the schedule for a week in advance.

--
Dave W
Old October 7th 15, 10:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

"Dave W" wrote in message
I can't get this channel on Freeview, but I gather it requires an HD
Freeview box, even though the channel is thoroughly SD.

It's also low-def SD: 544x576 rather than 720x576, so it's like Yesterday
and Drama.

I'll record Jigsaw when it's next on (this is the film that was mentioned in
the Radio Times). I was reroding something else when it was on the other
day, but I checked and it's a letterboxed widescreen print rather than the
grotty copied-from-VHS 4x3 recording I've got at present.

Old October 7th 15, 04:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
madge

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 01:43:19 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

On 06/10/2015 22:08, madge wrote:
Combined minds

The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a
retune on my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from
Dover should I be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there
at the 100's why did they not assign this channel a a number in the
100's?

Dover doesn't carry COM 7, and there are no immediate plans for it to,
so you won't be able to receive this channel.

Dang. I can pick up Bluebell hill is it on that transmitter?

Old October 7th 15, 04:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
madge

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:50:51 +0100, David Hume
wrote:

madge writes:

Combined minds

The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a
retune on
my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from Dover
should I
be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there at the 100's
why did
they not assign this channel a a number in the 100's?

Thanks in advance

There is a coverage checker here which tells you what channels you
should be able to receive:

http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability

It says I cannot get 81 but I haven't tried.

Thankyou

Old October 7th 15, 04:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave W

wrote:

madge writes:

Combined minds

The Radio Times last week and this week mentions this channel but a retune on
my Samsung HDTV it is not showing up. I receive my signal from Dover should I
be able to view it yet? The usual HD channels are there at the 100's why did
they not assign this channel a a number in the 100's?

Thanks in advance

There is a coverage checker here which tells you what channels you
should be able to receive:

http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability

It says I cannot get 81 but I haven't tried.

That site is confusing. For where I live it shows channel 81 under
'All' but not under 'HD'. Quite rightly, but it gives no clue that you
need an HD box to see channel 81.
--
Dave W