How to spoil a nice building

Old October 2nd 15, 02:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default How to spoil a nice building

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...waterworks.jpg

Old October 2nd 15, 06:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_9_]

Bill Wright wrote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...waterworks.jpg

Especially when it could probably have been carefully positioned inside
one of the castellated turrets ...

Old October 2nd 15, 06:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_9_]

Ian Jackson wrote:

Andy Burns writes

it could probably have been carefully positioned inside
one of the castellated turrets ...

Or on the left side, below wall level. But it's surely a faked photo?

Doesn't look it to me

If it's not, what is it's purpose?

From the heavy heatsink on the LNB, I'd say it was a data up and
downlink, not just for TV reception, reservoir telemetry presumably.

Old October 2nd 15, 07:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
UnsteadyKen[_4_]

In article:

Bill Wright says...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...waterworks.jpg

Yes, I get your point Bill, those gates are absolutely hideous.

--
Ken O'Meara
Old October 2nd 15, 07:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , Andy
Burns writes
Bill Wright wrote:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...waterworks.jpg

Especially when it could probably have been carefully positioned inside
one of the castellated turrets ...

Or on the left side, below wall level. But it's surely a faked photo? If
it's not, what is it's purpose? Is the building ever occupied?
Presumably it's something to do with controlling the water?
--
Ian
Old October 2nd 15, 07:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Bill Wright
scribeth thus
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...waterworks.jpg

.
--
Tony Sayer

Old October 2nd 15, 07:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Andy
Burns scribeth thus
Ian Jackson wrote:

Andy Burns writes

it could probably have been carefully positioned inside
one of the castellated turrets ...

Or on the left side, below wall level. But it's surely a faked photo?

Doesn't look it to me

If it's not, what is it's purpose?

From the heavy heatsink on the LNB, I'd say it was a data up and
downlink, not just for TV reception, reservoir telemetry presumably.

Either satellite broadband or that via satellite. Arqiva use that on a
lot of remote transmitter sites where BT cables don't go or they won't
afford BT to run them there.

We did a microwave radio link using 5.8 Ghz equipment to get a service
to a remote location. BT quoted 38,000 to provide a landline!...
--
Tony Sayer

Old October 2nd 15, 08:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

I seem to have lost my public link shortcut on the latest update.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)