How to spoil a nice building

Old October 3rd 15, 08:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

Default How to spoil a nice building

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 08:29:39 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

Especially when it could probably have been carefully positioned inside
one of the castellated turrets ...

Or on the left side, below wall level. But it's surely a faked photo?

If you are that sure, why put a question mark on the end?
It's clear from the links posted that it's not faked.

what is it's purpose?

"...its purpose".

Is the building ever occupied?
Presumably it's something to do with controlling the water?

Who cares? It's irrelevant to the ignorant way the dish has been mounted.
Old October 4th 15, 07:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:

Especially when it could probably have been carefully positioned inside
one of the castellated turrets ...

Or on the left side, below wall level. But it's surely a faked photo?

If you are that sure, why put a question mark on the end?

To indicate that the issue wasn't settled.

Old October 4th 15, 07:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 03/10/2015 09:00, Geo wrote:
On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 18:39:36 +0100, "NY" wrote:

That's even worse than the one in Knaresborough at the junction of Bond End
and High Street.
http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...update_img.jpg

Ah - the cavity wall insulation bods have been round.

It's only got a few hearts on it on Google Earth.

https://goo.gl/maps/M5ZT24HwmEq

I'd wondered if it was an attempt to stop idiots going straight on at
the T junction.

Andy
Old October 4th 15, 09:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_2_]

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 03/10/2015 09:00, Geo wrote:
On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 18:39:36 +0100, "NY" wrote:

That's even worse than the one in Knaresborough at the junction of Bond End
and High Street.
http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...update_img.jpg

Ah - the cavity wall insulation bods have been round.

It's only got a few hearts on it on Google Earth.

https://goo.gl/maps/M5ZT24HwmEq

Um, 1) that's a different building

I'd wondered if it was an attempt to stop idiots going straight on at the T junction?

Um 2) you're kidding surely?

Tim
Old October 5th 15, 12:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Tim+ wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 03/10/2015 09:00, Geo wrote:
On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 18:39:36 +0100, "NY" wrote:

That's even worse than the one in Knaresborough at the junction of Bond End
and High Street.
http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...update_img.jpg
Ah - the cavity wall insulation bods have been round.

It's only got a few hearts on it on Google Earth.

https://goo.gl/maps/M5ZT24HwmEq

Um, 1) that's a different building

I'd wondered if it was an attempt to stop idiots going straight on at the T junction?

Um 2) you're kidding surely?

Tim

There are many buildings decorated like that in Yorkshire.

Old October 5th 15, 08:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 04/10/2015 22:18, Tim+ wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 03/10/2015 09:00, Geo wrote:
On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 18:39:36 +0100, "NY" wrote:

That's even worse than the one in Knaresborough at the junction of Bond End
and High Street.
http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...update_img.jpg

Ah - the cavity wall insulation bods have been round.

It's only got a few hearts on it on Google Earth.

https://goo.gl/maps/M5ZT24HwmEq

Um, 1) that's a different building

You sure?

Look at it from the front. Ignore the spots, and tell me what else you
see that makes you think it's different.

I'd wondered if it was an attempt to stop idiots going straight on at the T junction?

Um 2) you're kidding surely?

Nope.

There's a sharp bend near me where the hedge has been replaced by a
fence on the exit, and the fence covered in small reflectors. Exactly as
you'd expect if several cars had gone straight on through the hedge into
the garden, and destroyed it. The odd thing is - it's the 3rd sharp bend
in a sequence!

Andy

Old October 5th 15, 09:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_2_]

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 04/10/2015 22:18, Tim+ wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 03/10/2015 09:00, Geo wrote:
On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 18:39:36 +0100, "NY" wrote:

That's even worse than the one in Knaresborough at the junction of Bond End
and High Street.
http://news.images.itv.com/image/fil...update_img.jpg

Ah - the cavity wall insulation bods have been round.

It's only got a few hearts on it on Google Earth.

https://goo.gl/maps/M5ZT24HwmEq

Um, 1) that's a different building

You sure?

Look at it from the front. Ignore the spots, and tell me what else you
see that makes you think it's different.

Apologies, you're quite right.

I'd wondered if it was an attempt to stop idiots going straight on at the T junction?

Um 2) you're kidding surely?

Nope.

There's a sharp bend near me where the hedge has been replaced by a fence
on the exit, and the fence covered in small reflectors. Exactly as you'd
expect if several cars had gone straight on through the hedge into the
garden, and destroyed it. The odd thing is - it's the 3rd sharp bend in a sequence!

Um you do know the significance of red spots on a white background?

It no doubt does make the building more visible but I very much doubt that
was the reason for the colour scheme.

Tim
Old October 6th 15, 02:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_5_]

wrote:

Especially when it could probably have been carefully positioned inside
one of the castellated turrets ...

Or on the left side, below wall level. But it's surely a faked photo?

If you are that sure, why put a question mark on the end?

To indicate that the issue wasn't settled.

Bill

To indicate the rising inflection that some people use at the end of
sentences?
Whether they are questions or not?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old October 6th 15, 02:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_5_]

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 23:50:53 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 21:31:42 +0000 (UTC), Tim+ wrote:

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 04/10/2015 22:18, Tim+ wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 03/10/2015 09:00, Geo wrote:
[...]

Meningitis?

Syphilis?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old October 6th 15, 08:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 06/10/2015 15:56, Graham. wrote:
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 23:50:53 +0200, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 21:31:42 +0000 (UTC), Tim+ wrote:
Um you do know the significance of red spots on a white background?

Meningitis?

Syphilis?

Smallpox?

You'd better enlighten us...