How the disabled are ripped off

Old October 7th 15, 09:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

Default How the disabled are ripped off

On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 11:47:28 +0200, Martin wrote:

There are classes of vehicles which are obliged to have sped limiters already in
UK and elsewhere.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limiter
It is time that cars and especially motorbikes were added to the list.

No it isn't. Who the **** are you to dictate what can and can't be done
in the UK? You don't even bloody live here. I don't give a **** what you
do in Holland. Arrogant ****.
Old October 8th 15, 01:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
On Mon, 05 Oct 2015 11:47:28 +0200, Martin wrote:

There are classes of vehicles which are obliged to have sped limiters already in
UK and elsewhere.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limiter
It is time that cars and especially motorbikes were added to the list.

No it isn't. Who the **** are you to dictate what can and can't be done
in the UK? You don't even bloody live here. I don't give a **** what you
do in Holland. Arrogant ****.

You're very restrained today Paul. Feeling all right?

Old October 8th 15, 11:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 08/10/2015 09:03, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:43:22 +0100, Indy Jess John
wrote:

On 07/10/2015 11:27, Roderick Stewart wrote:

I really don't understand how anybody could object to automatic
limiting of motoring speeds, particularly when we now have such a
confusing array of different limit values, and modern cars are so
comfortable it's easy to forget how fast we're going. We have
automatic control and limiting of all manner of other things in our
lives - e.g. the temperatures of our living rooms, the water levels in
our washing machines and toilet cisterns, the charge currents applied
to our phones - so why not motoring speeds as well?

Because it takes away from the driver the ability to make a better
judgement than the automation does.

I remember the Paris air show, where the automatic system overrode the
pilot's choice of throttle because it would burn fuel at an uneconomic
rate. The plane crashed into trees rather than climb above them as the
pilot intended.

a) It wasn't the Paris Air Show

Correct. It was in France, but in Alsace

b) The pilot overrode the automatic setting.

It depends on whose version of events you believe.
http://www.airdisaster.com/investiga...96/af296.shtml

Old October 8th 15, 02:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 08/10/2015 15:08, Martin wrote:

wrote:

[...]

"Captain Asseline flew the aircraft manually."

And it did not respond to the throttle
"When he increased throttle to level off at 100 ft, the engines did not
respond"