Somehow, the term UHD reminds me of something elseentirely....

Old September 18th 15, 10:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Default Somehow, the term UHD reminds me of something elseentirely....

Actually I like that sort of milk at times. I think it reminds me of my very
young days when all milk was boiled and left to cool. That is what it tasted
like afterwards.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Peter Duncanson" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:01:07 +0100, Charles Hope

Indy Jess John wrote:
On 17/09/2015 09:23, Brian-Gaff wrote:
However, I suspect the Americans do not have that type of milk.

They do have milk that tastes like that. They don't call it that
though. In fact they don't make any distinction in the description, so
I suspect that it is recognised by brand name. I wasn't there long
enough to find out.

surely the milk is UHT?

It is. Ultra Heat Treatment/Temperature.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)

Old September 18th 15, 10:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Yes heard that before. It is a little worrying how much we here are going
down the same roads as the US with this junk. The difference here seems to
be that although you can pay for junk if you want to, much of it is free to
air.
Myself, I do think that so many channels of repeats and old series is
completely pointless now that so many ways exist to record them. We could
cut the number of stations in half and not really notice any difference
except that those who want good bandwidth could have it.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Johnny B Good" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 09:23:35 +0100, Brian-Gaff wrote:

Yes exactly that.
However, I suspect the Americans do not have that type of milk.

It has to be said that it only seems a short while ago that Nasa was
sing the praises of 3D content from its missions, and now nobody seems
to talk about 3D TV.
I just wonder if the world really is ready for bandwidth eating
channels?
Have a listen to Weird Al's Franks 2000 inch TV some time.
Brian

Yes, another of Weird Al Yankovic's 'parody' tracks, "I can't Watch
This!" is almost back on topic in regard to the travesty of 'Choice'
offered by FreeView. You can listen to it here,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HaZvJZaiYQ

--
Johnny B Good

Old September 19th 15, 06:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jimbo /p

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message
Actually I like that sort of milk at times. I think it reminds me of my
very young days when all milk was boiled and left to cool. That is what it
tasted like afterwards.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Indy Jess John wrote:
On 17/09/2015 09:23, Brian-Gaff wrote:
However, I suspect the Americans do not have that type of milk.

They do have milk that tastes like that. They don't call it that
though. In fact they don't make any distinction in the description, so
I suspect that it is recognised by brand name. I wasn't there long
enough to find out.

surely the milk is UHT?

It is. Ultra Heat Treatment/Temperature.

The best milk I have ever tasted comes from a shop in Selkirk from a local
farm. I hate how supermarket milk has all the cream taken out and then
replaced at the required %.....total crap it is......and why is red and
green milk mot cheaper than blue?...I don't get it? ...