Humax Foxsat-HDR 500: Some Menu options unselectable

Old July 30th 15, 09:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Maurice[_3_]

Default Humax Foxsat-HDR 500: Some Menu options unselectable

Just noticed some unselectable options in the Menu list:

(1) Although the icon for the 3rd component of Menu (Setup; satdish)
shows, scrolling down/up the Menu list skips past it!

(2) In the 4th item (System) the Diagnostics and HDD control options are
greyed out, so unselectable.

(3) In the 2nd item (Edit Channels), only "Edit FAbourite List" is
selectable (other 2 are greyed out).

Anyone know why this might be, please?

(The box otherwise appears to be working normally; no problem recording 2
channels simultaneously.)

--
/\/\aurice
Old July 30th 15, 09:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 21:15:55 +0000 (UTC), Maurice wrote:

Just noticed some unselectable options in the Menu list:

(1) Although the icon for the 3rd component of Menu (Setup; satdish)
shows, scrolling down/up the Menu list skips past it!

(2) In the 4th item (System) the Diagnostics and HDD control options are
greyed out, so unselectable.

(3) In the 2nd item (Edit Channels), only "Edit FAbourite List" is
selectable (other 2 are greyed out).

Anyone know why this might be, please?

(The box otherwise appears to be working normally; no problem recording 2
channels simultaneously.)

The only time I've seen this, on the same model, is when I'm playing a
recording; it might also be when recording - I can't remember.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old July 30th 15, 09:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:22:12 +0100, PeterC
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 21:15:55 +0000 (UTC), Maurice wrote:

Just noticed some unselectable options in the Menu list:

(1) Although the icon for the 3rd component of Menu (Setup; satdish)
shows, scrolling down/up the Menu list skips past it!

(2) In the 4th item (System) the Diagnostics and HDD control options are
greyed out, so unselectable.

(3) In the 2nd item (Edit Channels), only "Edit FAbourite List" is
selectable (other 2 are greyed out).

Anyone know why this might be, please?

(The box otherwise appears to be working normally; no problem recording 2
channels simultaneously.)

The only time I've seen this, on the same model, is when I'm playing a
recording; it might also be when recording - I can't remember.

I've just experimented. You are right. There are various unselectable
Menu options when the box is recording or playing a recording.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old July 31st 15, 07:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeterC

wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 21:15:55 +0000 (UTC), Maurice wrote:

Just noticed some unselectable options in the Menu list:

(1) Although the icon for the 3rd component of Menu (Setup; satdish)
shows, scrolling down/up the Menu list skips past it!

(2) In the 4th item (System) the Diagnostics and HDD control options are
greyed out, so unselectable.

(3) In the 2nd item (Edit Channels), only "Edit FAbourite List" is
selectable (other 2 are greyed out).

Anyone know why this might be, please?

(The box otherwise appears to be working normally; no problem recording 2
channels simultaneously.)

The only time I've seen this, on the same model, is when I'm playing a
recording; it might also be when recording - I can't remember.

I've just experimented. You are right. There are various unselectable
Menu options when the box is recording or playing a recording.

I did panic a bit when I first encountered this - the box was a month old!
I didn't do anything as I was wary of borking the recording (or playback -
CRW), then tried again later and it was OK.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Old July 31st 15, 08:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

I'd imagine the hdd ones being unselectable while its using the disc is
pretty obvius, and you would not be aligning dishes when recording a program
etc.
However a tiny lightbulb came on that said that some ex hotel boxes had
been doctored to restrict patrons from changing stuff and screwing it up.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old July 31st 15, 10:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Maurice[_3_]

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:38:57 +0100, Peter Duncanson wrote:

There are various unselectable Menu options when the box is recording or
playing a recording.

That possibility came to me just as I was about to drop off last night!

Confirmed this morning when HDD not in use.

I can understand some options being unselecatable when recording, but I
thought at least looking at e.g. system status woud be available.

Looked under 'trouble shooting' in manual, but no mention, nor after
Googling for situation.

Have now written a reminder in manual...

--
/\/\aurice