To brighten your day

Old July 29th 15, 01:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default To brighten your day

These pics are not edited or sorted. I have not reduced their file sizes
or done anything else to make them palatable to those on dial up. This
is in fact a zero-effort attempt by me to bring a little amusement into
your life.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gckm9lhv...tUX7owI7a?dl=0

I hope that link works. Sometimes I find Dropbox links to folders don't.

Old July 29th 15, 06:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_9_]

Bill Wright wrote:

These pics are not edited or sorted. I have not reduced their file sizes
or done anything else to make them palatable to those on dial up. This
is in fact a zero-effort attempt by me to bring a little amusement into
your life.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gckm9lhv...tUX7owI7a?dl=0

I hope that link works. Sometimes I find Dropbox links to folders don't.

It asked me to login to dropbox, but then it let me in anyway when I
said "No".

The chocblock euro 2-pin adapter is so much neater than a trailing 13A
socket plus a spare travel adapter ... do you suppose the installer
deliberately moved the whiskery twist-on F lead to that output so as to
be away from the live terminal?

The rusty bracket has been installed for no more than 22 years,
according to the BoE inflation calculator, 2p then would be worth 3.6p
now and Toolsatan sell penny washers at 36p for ten today.

Old July 29th 15, 08:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Is there not a trick on dropbox that if you change the trailing 0 to a 1 it
will download the file or vice versa?

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...

Old July 29th 15, 10:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 02:30:39 +0100
Bill Wright wrote:

These pics are not edited or sorted. I have not reduced their file
sizes or done anything else to make them palatable to those on dial
up. This is in fact a zero-effort attempt by me to bring a little
amusement into your life.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gckm9lhv...tUX7owI7a?dl=0

I hope that link works. Sometimes I find Dropbox links to folders
don't.

Bill

It let me in fine, no questions. It might help that I have my own
Dropbox account, I don't know.

But as for the photos: Welcome to the real world, Bill!

--
Davey.
Old July 29th 15, 08:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , Brian-Gaff
writes
Is there not a trick on dropbox that if you change the trailing 0 to a 1 it
will download the file or vice versa?
Brian

Apparently so.
--
Ian
Old July 29th 15, 08:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike[_19_]

In article ,
Davey wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9gckm9lhv...tUX7owI7a?dl=0

But as for the photos: Welcome to the real world, Bill!

"Reflector problem". What reflector problem? That's just configured
to catch falling satellite TV signals ...
Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk

Old July 30th 15, 12:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Davey wrote:

But as for the photos: Welcome to the real world, Bill!

I've been in it for ages.

Old July 30th 15, 09:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 01:27:25 +0100
Bill Wright wrote:

Davey wrote:

But as for the photos: Welcome to the real world, Bill!

I've been in it for ages.

Bill

Ah, but you seem to regard those photos as oddities! Actually, they are
the norm for many folks.

It's sad, I know. But that's life.

--
Davey.